Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: JR servo issues...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 07:42 AM   #1
Busy buildin or crawlin!!

Default JR servo issues...

Has any one had a JR Z9000T servo seize up on them? I have 4 of these servos and have never had an issue until last weekend when one of them took a dive. Now that servo is 100% locked up. I tried to contact JR Racing but no response. What should I do with it to get it repaired? I wouldn't care except its a $100 servo. Please help me if you can.
Thanks
PIMPNROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #2
RCC Addict

well you need to reset your end point your over working the servo and it got hot and gave up on you..I would call jr and see what they are willing to do..I would try to keep the servo under 110*f on the motor side..also how many volts are you running to it? I have seen some hold up to almost anything and I have seen them smoke in 5mins in a race car..jr makes good things but sometimes youll get a bad one..how old is it maybe even your lhs will help you out I know mine dose with things like that.
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:58 AM   #3
Busy buildin or crawlin!!

I would guess this servo is about a year old.. I'm using a 6 cell sub-C pack (3700mah) 7.2 volts with the Novak Crawler ESC. I have this same set-up in my comp rig and never had an issue. I was in my back yard testing my SW3 and the servo locked up on me. I have always centered my servos end points and zeroed it on my Transmitter steering adjuster. I just dont know..
PIMPNROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I though I had my end point set right tell I was at nats and a couple of guys and john rod helped me out and from that I have never had a servo go bad..my other guess would be the low amp and volt from the bec sometime less power = more heat..I would say if it a year old then you still should have two year left for jr to fix it..give them a call and talk to them..they are great people hell they fixed my dx7 for free
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote