Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: LRP AI Bullet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default LRP AI Bullet

Any one use the AI Bullet??
How does it handle 2 high torque servos and motor??

ANY one using anything else besides a SR??? What other ESC are comparable to the SR in performance???

.... Tekin Rebel 2...

Last edited by SantozRey; 06-02-2005 at 05:18 PM.
SantozRey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantozRey
How does it handle 2 high torque servos and motor??
with magic anything is possible
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

well I ain't a magician :?
Old 06-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

The Tekin Rebel 2 is ideal for crawling and is a bit cheaper than the SR.
FritoBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #5
TEAM MODERATOR

Well,I've not run it but three 45 to 50 minute runs but I'm now running a Novak XRS and so far I'm very pleased with it. One thing I like is that it's a small unit so it's easy to fit when space is limited. After I get some more runs on it I'll be able to tell more but so far I like it alot. Only time will tell I guess.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:38 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
Well,I've not run it but three 45 to 50 minute runs but I'm now running a Novak XRS and so far I'm very pleased with it. One thing I like is that it's a small unit so it's easy to fit when space is limited. After I get some more runs on it I'll be able to tell more but so far I like it alot. Only time will tell I guess.
How many servos are you running? Before I knew about the Rebel 2 I bought one of these while waiting for my chassis to arrive. Fortunately I decided to called Novak before I used it. They were very firm that I should not use this speed controller with 2 servos and indicated that the BEC could only handle .5 amps of current draw. I had already tested my Hitec 645MGs and they each drew 1 amp at full unloaded lock and 2 amps if loaded. Way too much for the XRS so I returned it an ordered a Tekin Rebel 2 which can handle 5 amps at 6 volts.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:00 AM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritoBandito
How many servos are you running? Before I knew about the Rebel 2 I bought one of these while waiting for my chassis to arrive. Fortunately I decided to called Novak before I used it. They were very firm that I should not use this speed controller with 2 servos and indicated that the BEC could only handle .5 amps of current draw. I had already tested my Hitec 645MGs and they each drew 1 amp at full unloaded lock and 2 amps if loaded. Way too much for the XRS so I returned it an ordered a Tekin Rebel 2 which can handle 5 amps at 6 volts.

Well,I didn't know that,thanks for the info. Not knowing much about how all that stuff works and the way I'm understanding your post. Thats probly where my glitchs were coming from then?,right?

Running a RX pack it seems to work fine with 1 servo(hitech 645). Would this put a strian on the ESC? I'd like to go to 2 servos if I can get away with it. What do you think?
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:21 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
Well,I didn't know that,thanks for the info. Not knowing much about how all that stuff works and the way I'm understanding your post. Thats probly where my glitchs were coming from then?,right?

Running a RX pack it seems to work fine with 1 servo(hitech 645). Would this put a strian on the ESC? I'd like to go to 2 servos if I can get away with it. What do you think?
Well as the BEC gets overloaded it'll shut off and and turn back on as the load decreases. This can sometimes look like glitching. Running a decent RX pack will easily handle the 2 servos and your receiver without any detriment to your speed control. Just be sure to disconnect the red wire from the receiver plug on the speed control.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:24 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritoBandito

soo do you currently run a Rebel 2?? After looking at both the SR and Rebel 2.... they look almost about the same. I'll probably get 2- HS-645 (unless I get my hands on some cheap 945's) and an integy 55t... with the Rebel 2.

Do you think that the Rebel 2 will be up to handling a 17t motor??.... sometimes I like to go fast... .... with both servos? :?

Last edited by SantozRey; 06-05-2005 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:46 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantozRey
soo do you currently run a Rebel 2?? After looking at both the SR and Rebel 2.... they look almost about the same. I'll probably get 2- HS-645 and an integy 55t...

Do you think that the Rebel 2 will be up to handling a 17t motor??.... sometimes I like to go fast... ....
Yes I'm running a Rebel 2. It can easily handle a 17t motor. Here are the relevant specs.

Really for crawling, the only limit we even get close to is the BEC and the Rebel 2 BEC is rated almost twice as high as the SR. All the other specs of either controller are waay above the requirements of crawling. All that aside, what really makes the Rebel 2 attractive is the price of $79 versus the SR at $129.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:48 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

the rebal2 has just about the same specs as the orig rebal except for the bec.on my orig rebal the lowest duel motors is 17t on 6 cells in a clod.it will thermall with 8 cells.but w/ 17t it handles it ok.this is for bashing not crawling.
SPEED_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote