Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle Creations BEC problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Castle Creations BEC problems

I installed the CC BEC and now I'm having issues with it causing my Spektrum receiver to go into fail safe mode for a brief second.
I'm running a Mamba Max, 35t warrior motor, 8 cell 2/3a packs, CC BEC @ 6.5 volts. The spektrum is one of the older systems for the M8. It works fine on a receiver pack with no issues only when I have the BEC installed. It also only goes into fail safe mode when there is a large load, like when bound up or going from full forward to full reverse. I don't have the Castle link to try different voltages to see if that will change anything, but could get it change pretty easy so that can be an option. I have tried all my different battery packs and it does it with all of them. It also does it with 3300 sub c packs. I also tried a different motor to see if that maybe the cause, but it also did it with an Integy 45t motor. Any ideas as what could be the cause or a solution, as I don't want to run a receiver pack.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Did you remove the red wire coming out of your mamba to your rec? If not that could be your problem.
Slickrock450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:39 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I did pull the red wire out of the connector.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You may need to have the BEC bypass the Rx and power the servo's directly ... there is a write up on here about it somewhere. I think the jist was basically you just run the red wire from the BEC to your servo's ... but there might be more to it than that.

I have had a similar issue, but briefly....it will do it now and again with almost the same setup as yours. It has not occured enough times for me to look into it though. I am running the BEC at the factory default, which I think was 5.1v..
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Be sure to read through the bottom of this page.

http://www.castlecreations.com/products/cc_bec.html
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Thanks for the help guys. I did figure out what the problem was. Really dumb on my part. The one battery pack that I had on the comp rig was bad, had a bad cell in it. The other packs had not been charged since the last comp and hadn't charged themy. Now that they are charged every thing is working fine. The receiver was just doing what it was programed to do when voltage is to low.