RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Kaetwo's Tekin FX-R Review... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/105316-kaetwos-tekin-fx-r-review.html)

PaulEZK 03-21-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4link4eva (Post 1107403)
Well what about a warranty situation?

I've seen before people saying that 'yeah, that'll work fine', but when the ESC burns out Team Tekin can just come back and say, 'Well, it's your fault, it wasn't designed for 3 cell LiPo's'.

So where does Team Tekin stand on honouring warranties with 3s packs?

Cheers for the write up, I'd just like to make sure it's sound on a 3s before I dip into my pocket and buy one. :)

In that situation you say...

"Officer, I wasn't speeding with a 3cell lipo, I was 5 MPH under the speed limit with a 2cell lipo.."

8)

4link4eva 03-21-2008 05:34 PM

Well put, thanks for the help. ;-)

cruciface 03-21-2008 05:54 PM

Nice write up on the ESC. I am more intersted in the old "Ati Rage" heatsink on your servo. That is a badass idea. I have a milk crate full of old video cards and such that are begging to massacred for this purpose. Nice job on the heatsink.

phishead1101 03-24-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaetwo (Post 1107385)
Yup!!! No problems with my FX-R and a 3-Cell Lipo.

I just talked with Scooter at Team Tekin and he clarified that for our rock crawling applications, the ESC will handle a 3-Cell without a problem. He said that when you start running a Mod motor like a 10 double or something, you may run into a few hickups. However Just Zach is running a 3-Cell Lipo and a Holmes Hobbies 7T Cobalt Puller now. I wonder how his setup is working :-o

8)

Thanks for checking into that!!! I'm going to order one of these soon!

Kaetwo.....Great review, Thanks for taking the time to share all this info with the rest of us!

kaetwo 03-24-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4link4eva (Post 1107403)
Well what about a warranty situation?

I'll find out for sure on that ;-) Personally if you where a little concerned about the warranty I would just get the FX-R Pro. It has no motor limit, 3 Cell capable through the full motor range, and it has more forward amps. That may just be the ticket. However I'll find out for sure on the FXR warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruciface (Post 1107501)
Nice write up on the ESC. I am more intersted in the old "Ati Rage" heatsink on your servo. That is a badass idea. I have a milk crate full of old video cards and such that are begging to massacred for this purpose. Nice job on the heatsink.

LOL!!! Ya they work great to cool the servo and protect the case from damage "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by phishead1101 (Post 1110394)
Thanks for checking into that!!! I'm going to order one of these soon!

Kaetwo.....Great review, Thanks for taking the time to share all this info with the rest of us!

My pleasure ;-)

8)

rcr3fan29 03-24-2008 01:29 PM

I also appreciate your review. I've checked the vendors on the board and can't find anyone who carries the FX-R. Do you know of any vendors here who carry it? Thanks.

EeePee 03-24-2008 01:31 PM

You lie! :flipoff:

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=TEKTT1091

rcr3fan29 03-24-2008 01:37 PM

I swear to God I just searched Stormer before posting. :x Thanks EP.

BGGruff 03-24-2008 01:43 PM

NIce write up K2! We appreciate the review and I am glad to hear the results. It sounds like my kind of ESC. I haven't been keeping up with Tekin and didn't even know this ESC existed, I've honestly had the Rebel 2 on my list to get next but looks like this one just beat it out!"thumbsup" Thanks for the info K2.

kaetwo 03-25-2008 03:37 PM

Well I just talked to Scooter at Tekin and he said that we have Tekins blessing to run the crawler motors (35x1 on down) with the FX-R and a 3-Cell Lipo. They will even take care of the warranty issues should they arise. For those of you runing 19 turns in your rock racers and such, I would highly recommend the FX-R Pro.

Now that's service!!!!!

If you need updated information on what is coming out in the future be sure to sign up for the newsletter at:

http://www.teamtekin.com/tekin_email_list.asp

I've been told that there are new products coming out that we will enjoy ;-)

- EeePee, thanks for the update on the vendors selling the Tekin products. I hope more vendors jump on board "thumbsup"

8)

severed701 03-25-2008 09:29 PM

ordered mine from stormer yesterday"thumbsup"

Ty@Tekin 03-27-2008 10:49 AM

Wow Kaetwo, nice man! Glad to know it works so well for crawling and such, I can't wait to finish my trail rig and get some good FXR bashing in!

Just an FYI, yes I am part of Tekin, Service Department Manager is my "official" title, haha, but I do it all! Any questions you guys have, feel freel to email me ty@teamtekin.com.

kaetwo 03-27-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin (Post 1115003)
Wow Kaetwo, nice man! Glad to know it works so well for crawling and such, I can't wait to finish my trail rig and get some good FXR bashing in!

Just an FYI, yes I am part of Tekin, Service Department Manager is my "official" title, haha, but I do it all! Any questions you guys have, feel freel to email me ty@teamtekin.com.

Hey welcome to the board "thumbsup"

It's good to see Tekin on the site. I just picked up another FX-R for my trail rig and can't wait to get it installed and running.

On a side note, I've got wind that The Crawler Store may soon be stocking the Tekin FX-R line as well ;-)

8)

Ty@Tekin 03-27-2008 02:51 PM

Well hey, if it's cool with you, heh....I want to use your review of the FX-R and a pic or two of your ride. You did a great job and I feel bragging about how well the ESC performs for crawlers!

kaetwo 03-27-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin (Post 1115340)
Well hey, if it's cool with you, heh....I want to use your review of the FX-R and a pic or two of your ride. You did a great job and I feel bragging about how well the ESC performs for crawlers!

Not a problem.

If you need images different from what I've posted here, just let me know ;-)

8)

Ty@Tekin 03-27-2008 03:27 PM

Sweet! Well, check it out then!

http://www.teamtekin.com/reviews_fx.html

We busted that one out real quick and got it live, I can add an overall pic of your rig too.

01XJ 03-27-2008 03:36 PM

I just sold my Mamba Maxx and bought one of these and i must say it is a sweet esc! I love all the settings you get when you use the hot wire software. now i just need to get the drag brake set right, i was running 100% on the mamba and i could still roll down a hill nice and slow.But Im set at 43% on the FX-R and it is way to much it just lock's them up when you let off the throttle. But the size is great and is perfect for my tuber, Awesome product"thumbsup"

kaetwo 03-27-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin (Post 1115413)
Sweet! Well, check it out then!

http://www.teamtekin.com/reviews_fx.html

We busted that one out real quick and got it live, I can add an overall pic of your rig too.

Very nice "thumbsup" I'll send over some more pics by email ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01XJ (Post 1115434)
I just sold my Mamba Maxx and bought one of these and i must say it is a sweet esc! I love all the settings you get when you use the hot wire software. now i just need to get the drag brake set right, i was running 100% on the mamba and i could still roll down a hill nice and slow.But Im set at 43% on the FX-R and it is way to much it just lock's them up when you let off the throttle. But the size is great and is perfect for my tuber, Awesome product"thumbsup"

I have mine set to the Number 3 setting for drag brake and it works great! Try setting it a little lower and you should be good to go.

I'm glad that you like it.

8)

twistedone 03-28-2008 08:59 PM

just installed my new tekin fxr and so far very nice and very neat looking cleaned up my rig nice and the hotwire feature is very cool and easy for all to use

thanks Tekin for the awesome stuff you build and look forward to running Tekin stuff for a long time

If there are any question that I can answer please ask will do all I can to help out

silviajspec 03-29-2008 05:20 AM

nice write up kaetwo
i cant wait till mine comes in this week or so