Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Best Choice???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #1

Default Best Choice???

I am i wondering what would be the best choice for me. I am new to RC an crawlers all together i have a ax10, tq3 radio an receiver. Now my question is should i get a CC sidewinder with a integy 55t or should i get the sidewinder with the holmes hobbies crawlermaster sport? i want it to have decent wheelspeed as well. also should i get the 8cell or 10 cell elite 1500s for this setup. also would i need to get the CC BEC as well i am only going to run one servo a hitech 645mg thank you ahead for all the help an opinions.
BWhittier1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWhittier1 View Post
I am i wondering what would be the best choice for me. I am new to RC an crawlers all together i have a ax10, tq3 radio an receiver. Now my question is should i get a CC sidewinder with a integy 55t or should i get the sidewinder with the holmes hobbies crawlermaster sport? i want it to have decent wheelspeed as well. also should i get the 8cell or 10 cell elite 1500s for this setup. also would i need to get the CC BEC as well i am only going to run one servo a hitech 645mg thank you ahead for all the help an opinions.
You will probably need the BEC, seems that the sidewinder's is a bit weak and makes the system cut out at times.. As for the motor, I would not advise an integy 55t. They're not bad, but there is a lot better in the brushed realm such as the cobalt puller or the 35t warrior You won't get a lot of wheelspeed out of a 55t of any make. I've never used brushless in a crawler, so someone else is going to have to speak to that.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:56 PM   #3

the most i want to spend is around 145 for esc bec an motor so if you have a better idea then what im saying lemme no. im no pro im a total noob so i don't need anything fancy just something that will get the job done an is not gonna turn into junk in a month. i don't know the advantages an disadvantages of either or i want long run times an maybe walking speed or a tad bit faster for top end. Also the cell count the 8 or 10 elite 1500s. im open for any opinions i just wanna hurry an figure it out so i can start it up an have some fun!!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Loads of people run 55t motors and do great. The higher end motors are nicer if you've got the money, but the Integy or Axiom 55t are great bang for the buck. An added bonus is less parts breakage.
Mortimer Snerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I never like to buy the latest electronics until it has been on the market for awhile so the Sidewinder is to new for me. I would trust JRH's recommendations he sees a ton of equipment and knows whats working or not.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #6

Does anyone recommend the brushless crawlermaster motor over the 55t brushed motors? also any idea on the 8 or 10 cell elite 1500 packs? thank you for all the help an suggestions!!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:18 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

if your looking at running 8 or 10 cells. you should invest in a good lipo. a 3 cell lipo that weighs the same as a 10 cell 1500 will easly get you the same runtime.
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:16 AM   #8

I'm running an AX10 with a Crawlmaster sport, Mamba 25 esc and a 1000mah 3S Xcaliber lipo. The darn thing runs forever. It's got great wheel speed with the 3S and the Crawlmaster, and can literally jump from rock to rock if needed. The 3s seems to be smoother than the 2s on bottom end with the sensorless brushless too. I'm very happy with the setup. Haven't really measured my run times, and I should. Figuring about a half hour easy. Oh, and it fits perfectly on the front axle with the optional battery tray/servo and some velcro.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #9

i would do lipo but charger is a bit out of my range right now. also hows the low end on the crawlermaster? And whats the wheels speed like on a sxoim 55t ? compared to crawlermaster?
Old 02-18-2008, 04:03 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

8 cell is easier to mount but if your esc will do it go for 10,and try a 45t motor.
red jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

how many cells will a sidewinder take? And i need a bec with a side winder?
BigKRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

12 cells nimh or 3 s lipo per castle's website as for the bec it doesnt say but for 1 standard servo i think you would be ok with out the external
mch441 is offline   Reply With Quote