Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: novak 55t brushed motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default novak 55t brushed motor

Has anybody run the novak 55t crawler motor yet?

What do you think about its slow speed crawling abilities?

Does it come on real smooth,do you like the entegy motors better?
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2008, 07:39 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Ran my Novak 55T for a few weeks with 6 cells thru the Axial trans with an XL5 ESC. It was very smooth, and had good torque. I loved the NOVAK quality, but was not happy with the wheel speed. As a result I switched to a NOVAK Goat. This made a HUGE difference still using the same 6 cells. I also find the Goat to be VERY smooth. I am now running it thru a RC4WD R2D trans.....and loving it. I have a pal who is running the Goat thru the Axial trans, and he is also getting GREAT results.

Simply....the 55T is nice but with my setup, I found it to be too slow on the top end....no real PUNCH, but it was very smooth at the slow speeds. If you require the higher wheel speed on a low cell count, give the GOAT a try.

Yes....I know there is a cost difference, but that was not part of the initial question, so I answered as if cost is not an issue. But I did answer with detailed reasons for my thoughts so as to provide answers/pros/cons if cost is an issue. I hope that this helps.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm running one through an axial trans geared 12/90 with TLT axles on 7 cells. My ESC is a rooster crawler. On 6 cells it was a bit slow for my taste, so I jumped up to 7, and the difference was amazing, even though it was only 1 cell more. I can't really compare it to an integy because my setup now is totally different from when I had an integy motor, and that was only run on 6 cells. I still have my integy 55 turn, but it's getting old and probably needs new brushes and the comm cut. I have the integy in my scaler right no, and it does seem to have a lot less power than the novak, but it's geared different, has different sized tires, and uses a different ESC (LRP waterproof).
gr33nlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Righton thanks for youre replies guys,Didnt mention it but cost is always a factor for me.I take alot of pride in having a cheap crawler that hangs with high dollar crawlers,plus im a tight ass lol.

But iwas planning on stepping it up a bit and buying the pro.series entegy 55t[v10] but nobody has it in stock that has the other items i want to purchase trying to keep shipping cost down by making one order.

gr33lemon sound like you and i have a very similar set up.I also run the ax-10 trans with 96 spur and 11 tooth pinion and tlt axles 7 cell 2/3a pack,rooster crawler esc.So i think im going to buy the novak 55t and give it a shot im sure it will outperform my 4-5 year old entegy 65t lathe.

Ill report back when i get her installed,incase anyone else is wondering how it stacks up to the excellant entegy line.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I have one rig with integy 55t and one with Novak fifty-five 55t. They are very similar rigs and in terms of the motor I dont see a significant difference. The novak might have slightly better slow speed but cant tell exactly since some of the electronics are different between the rigs.

gwagon:
integy 55t
pede trans
tlt axles
towerpro steering servo
moped bravo esc

range rover:
novak 55t
pede trans
tlt axles
hitec hs645 steering servo
tekin rebel 2 esc

I'm not sure that for the average crawler/driver the cost difference is worth it.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the info.

Imnot thinkin we want to compare the novak to the standard entegy 55t as far as cost.

The better comparison is to the v10.[pro series]the v10 entegy like the novak has caps allready installed adjustable timeing,and i think differant magnets than the standard motor.If we compare these two the novak is cheaper.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

thanks, I was unfamiliar with the v10.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
But iwas planning on stepping it up a bit and buying the pro.series entegy 55t[v10] but nobody has it in stock that has the other items i want to purchase trying to keep shipping cost down by making one order.
We have some Integy V10's in stock, check out our selection:

http://www.rcslot.com/radio-control-...er-motors.html
Ced RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I just swapped in my new power plant into my Scorpion last night which consists of the Rooster and the Novak 55T Motor. I like the setup. It has very good torque and the system operates smooth as hell. My motor is connected to an Axial Tranny with a 16T pinion and a TLT 83T Spur. I didn't have any 48P spurs and pinions laying around so I converted it to 32P and I get a shit load of wheel speed and with the ESC/55T combo I get plenty of torque. I really like the default profile on the ESC b/c of the brake it has in it. My driving has improved considerably now that I have this setup. I am currently running a 6 cell saddle pack but will be upgrading to a 7 cell ASAP!
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote