Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle Link problems?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 01:52 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Ccbec Problems...

I installed the newest update and it wont read the device when plugged into the USB port, anybody else having this problem?:-(

Last edited by LIKES2CRAWL; 04-01-2008 at 05:42 PM.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2008, 06:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

did you go through the trouble shooting guide on castle website, making sure your drivers are properly installed? Are the boxes in the lower ledt corner green and your getting an error messages or are they red?
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
ghetto fabulous newbie

For me, I have to plug things in a certain order, especially the CC BEC. I cant remember the order though.

Last edited by yotachump; 03-28-2008 at 10:38 AM.
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL View Post
I installed the newest update and it wont read the device when plugged into the USB port, anybody else having this problem?:-(

I bet your problem is that you running a BEC (did you take out the power wire from the esc to the reciever?)If so plug your power wire from your esc back into the end. If it's not reading the BEC it bescause the on/off switch is on. You need to unsolder the BEC from the ESC to program it. I had the exact same problem!!
Blood_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 AM   #5
Keep it real

Quote:
Give me a call today Eddie, I'm home with a sick Britt, we'll get it figured out.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #6

Quote:
I had the same problem when i got mine and all you have to do is install the drivers from castles site and it should work.
evilbluebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Clod View Post
I bet your problem is that you running a BEC (did you take out the power wire from the esc to the reciever?)If so plug your power wire from your esc back into the end. If it's not reading the BEC it bescause the on/off switch is on. You need to unsolder the BEC from the ESC to program it. I had the exact same problem!!

i was able to just turn the ESC switch off and program it just fine still soldered to the connectors...my esc and bec power cables are connected to the same plug.
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj05nismo View Post
i was able to just turn the ESC switch off and program it just fine still soldered to the connectors...my esc and bec power cables are connected to the same plug.

Well I've got my BEC soldered right on to my power imput wires (Cleanly) and which eliminates the on/off switch so I just soldered my on/off wire together. So if I want to program my BEC I either have to unsolder my on/off wires or unsolder my BEC from power imput...
Blood_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Ok I messed with it some more and I can get it to work with my front ESC (mamba25) and it works with my CCBEC but it won't read my rear ESC (mamba25). I have this installed in a clod with 8711 up front and a 9100T in the rear, I have the BEC wire pulled from both ESC's and the CCBEC set at 6v when I run it straight it seems ok but as soon as I put it in a bind or steer both axles it surges and shuts down like it has low power......any ideas?
Old 04-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I swapped out the rear ESC for a difrent one so now they both work. Now I'm having problems with it shutting down when to much load is put on the servos. I can have the rig sitting on a flat surface and wiggle the servos back and forth a few times then the REC shuts down and comes back on. I've checked all my plugs and connections and everything is good, so now what am I missing?:-(
Old 04-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
Holmes Hobbies

Yes it sounds like your killing your voltage.Try to up the voltage on the CCBEC.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
Yes it sounds like your killing your voltage.Try to up the voltage on the CCBEC.
I have it at 6v and my JR servos don't recomend anything more than that. I swapped out my CCBEC for my MPI and it works fine. Gonna put the CCBEC in my 2.2 and see if it still dose it.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #13
Holmes Hobbies

You might go to 6.5.as long as your not on the sreering constanly it should be ok.I have mind set at 7 volts.The mpi used up a lot of voltage.I read somewere the mpi used the extra voltage to regulate it.I had a problem with my sub c's not lasting with the mpi reg.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote