Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: JR XS3-Pro Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default JR XS3-Pro Question

I'm looking at getting a decent radio that's capable of 4 wheel steering. Nothing too expensive yet, I'll be able to get a really good one in a couple months but I can't run my crawler on the one I have for that long. Just curious if anyone knows if this radio will work for 4WS and can it be modded to have the 3 way toggle switch. Also, this looks like a good deal on EBay but is there anything comparable available from the vendors on this site? Any information would be appreciated, I can afford $150 at the most. Thanks,
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Well I believe to have 4WS work, the 3rd channel has to have 3 positions. The Xs3 pro is 2 position. I have an xs3 pro myself and have only used the 3rd channel with my savage (reverse).
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve View Post
Well I believe to have 4WS work, the 3rd channel has to have 3 positions. The Xs3 pro is 2 position. I have an xs3 pro myself and have only used the 3rd channel with my savage (reverse).
I dont know about the pro version, but I have the normal XS3 and can run linear 4WS. You have to change the menu option for the 3rd channel from 2P (normally used for reverse) to LN (which will give you linear movement of the servo).
vp6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Yes, the pro is only 2 position. If you have $150 to spend then try and find a spectrum dx3. And convert it with a toggle swtich. You can find one of the those with a receiver for $150 for sure.
Xtreme RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

OK, I have access to a TQ3 that I can get for cheap with a receiver locally. If that falls through, I'll probably go for the DX3. I just saw this and thought it might work. Thanks for the info, I'll be getting a good radio eventually so I think the TQ3 will work for now. If not, I'll revive this thread.
AdverseCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme RC View Post
Yes, the pro is only 2 position. If you have $150 to spend then try and find a spectrum dx3. And convert it with a toggle swtich. You can find one of the those with a receiver for $150 for sure.
The pro version does give you the option of using the third channel as a linear setup for a servo. You can use the pro for 4WS. Read page 18 of the instructions. It tells you how to set up the third channel for linear use. http://www.jrradios.com/ProdInfo/Fil...275-manual.pdf
vp6799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:55 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Depending on what you can find, the futaba 3pm can be setup to run 4 wheel steering pretty effectively using mixing. It doesn't have a 3 position switch, so it's not great for dig, but good for 4ws. Here's the how to: Setting up Futaba 3PM for 4ws

Available in FM and 2.4ghz.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote