Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HELP!! servo info needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default HELP!! servo info needed

hi, im new to crawling and just got an axial ax10. im looking for some good servo info. i got some question

1) Can a digital servo be used with tq3 radio and 3pk radio, because IMO both are not digital radio, and 3pk need separate module for digital servo.

2) Which is the best servo i could use with 3pk radio with spektrum dsm pro-module.

3) what is the use of EPA. 3pk got a built in, and i know they limit the side travel of the servo arm. but what is the use of it while on rocks. can any body could provide a link or some info for me to read and understand.

4) For 4ws, whats all with this receiver pack stuff.

Thanks
biotoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Oh man I'll do my best at what I know

1)Yes to the tq3... I run one my self for my front steering on my ax-10. but the other no clue?
2)No idea. Pick one and make it work LOL
3)EPA or end point adjustments aren't so much for the "rocks" their handy for everything... For example my front servo will throw further then the front steering knuckles will let it... thus creating alot of stress on the servo and burning it out faster. Now you could move the steering up on the servo arm but sometimes from one hole to the next you are either "over steering" or the next your not getting as much as you could be getting and your now "under steering". So you use epa to set where your servo stops trying to steer so it doesn't try to over steer past where your knuckles (or what ever's stopping it from going further). Make sense? If not I'll try again lol.
4)HUH? I run a bec and no reciever pack? I don't know any one with an ax-10 who runs a rx pack! With a 3 channle radio your 3rd channle goes to the rear and with a 2 ch you split your front steering ch with a "y" harness!

Hope that helps
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

thanks PipeDreams
biotoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:04 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I think if I was going to 4WS my AX, I'd use an RX pack as I use the 2/3A packs... I'd use one just to keep the load on them low... BEC would be the way to go to save weight, but my AX needs more...

Lord knows I have enuff left over from when I used them on my Clod...;)
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote