Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Servo Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Servo Problems

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the HiTec 645MG servo not putting out enough torque to turn the wheels adequately. I am running a Scorpion with a 6cell 4500 mH, Mamba Max and 84oz. of wheel weights in each tire (wrapped them in the rim). I have taken the servo apart looking for stripped gears but it seems to be fine. When I first bought the servo it worked fine and now is not turning correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ForumSn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Also if it matters Futaba R152JE receiver and cheapy Futaba MS (works fine for me though)
ForumSn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:23 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumSn0w View Post
I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the HiTec 645MG servo not putting out enough torque to turn the wheels adequately. I am running a Scorpion with a 6cell 4500 mH, Mamba Max and 84oz. of wheel weights in each tire (wrapped them in the rim). I have taken the servo apart looking for stripped gears but it seems to be fine. When I first bought the servo it worked fine and now is not turning correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
the servo isnt a particularly strong servo and 84 oz is a shitload of weight. Im running like 14oz total weight and its heavy. with that much wheel weight in order to turn reliably you probibly want something like a hitec 5955 or a jr 8711 (i beleive thats the number). those both put out almost 3x the torqu that you tiny 645 does. Evena a 5645 is stronger (im using one) and i have trouble turning my wheels occasionally when crawling. Chances are youve fried the motor by trying to make it turn all that weight, the gears arent stripped but its dead either way.
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Do you mean 8 and 4 oz of weight. Like 8 oz in the fronts and 4 oz in the back. 84 oz in each tire wouldn't work.
sdmf7 is offline   Reply With Quote