Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: A couple DX3-R Questions.. Dual motor dig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default A couple DX3-R Questions.. Dual motor dig?

Searched a little bit, but didnt find what I was looking for. Please alert me to any threads I may have missed!

1) I'm trying to figure out rear dig on a clod using the DX3-R. Mamba Maxes plugged into channel's 2 and Aux, with red wires removed, and Castle BEC into Battery port. Can anyone tell me how to set the mix up so the F 2-position button will disable the rear mamba max? I've tried a few different mix setups without luck..

2) With everything plugged in, as soon as I plug in my 3-cell Lipo, the Spektrum RX just blinks orange, and nothing powers up, unless I unplug and replug the Castle BEC, then everything works fine. (I dont have on/off switches)

Any thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Ryan
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Anyone? I know there are a lot of DX3-Rs out there!
Old 04-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The BEC is putting your receiver into bind mode. Eliminate it and you should be good to go. Your mamba should be programmable to up the voltage or you can put in the BEC with a Y plug to your steering servo lead for additional power. I had the same problem with mine putting the receiver into bind and I am currently using a Y harness with my Quark 33.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Not sure about the dig switch for a clod. I run one red wire from one of my esc to the rx on the throttle channel to power the rx. The BEC is only for powering my servos. Dont like running all that juice through the rx. The yellow and black wires from the servos go to the rx, the red wires from the servos go to the BEC. Then you could do a mix between aux and throttle and have a switch to disable the mix. I burned a rx already powering my servos through my rx.
Should work for ya.

Last edited by Rocksmith Eng.; 04-19-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Rocksmith Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Cool, thanks for the help with the Orange light! Now I just need to get the mix working. I did it on a Futaba 6EX...

thanks,
ryan
Old 04-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #6

Rbgerrish
I came across this thread researching the cc bec vs DX3R and have an answer for you for the dig.

I use this 'battle switch' as a dig switch on my OCM 2.2 and have it plugged into my aux channel in my reciever.
I use the 'F' button for Aux 2P.
I was having trouble getting the button to work as a on/off, I was having to double click it each time to turn it on or off. I finally got smart and plugged a servo in to see how it operated. Here are the settings I use.
settings:
Travel / Aux: H-150 / L-100
Sub Trim / Aux: 100 L

Here is a link to the battle switch.
http://www.robotmarketplace.com/prod...-BATTLSW1.html

I am a newbie to crawling, not sure if this is right or wrong, but it seems to work great on mine.
LowSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

according to horizon, you cannot do that particular mix. just hook up a kill switch and have a servo activate it.
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:48 PM   #8

I'll remember to check with Horizon the next time I use my Battle switch.

fyi, it works great as a dig switch on my crawler...
LowSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #9
RCC Addict

To use the Cast;e BEC with the DX3R, remove the signal wire in the harness and it won't trigger the bind anymore! Don't cut it off though, you'll want to put it back in the harness to prgram the BEC, just put some shrink tube over it and let it dangle ....

Always try things for yourself when it comes to programing the radios .... The techs never get as deep into them as we hope. Plug in some servos and watch what happens as you try different setups ...
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote