Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Somethings not right????? HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Somethings not right????? HELP

I cant figure this out, I had the super working great with a set of 3305 futaba servos and after changing to a set of JR9100T's it keep shutting down for a few seconds like its going into fail safe. after a few seconds it comes back on. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Equipment,

DX6, rooster crawler esc, ccbec @6 volts, (2) JR9100t servos, (2) 70t integey motors, 7 cell 5000mah batts, 9t pinions, with stock gears in both trans.

Is it possible to disarm the fail safe in the dx6? if thats the prob?:-(
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

How about some more info. Like what is happening when it is shutting down.
mazdaparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Red wire pulled from the ESC plug?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If the red is already disconnected, pull the orange wire off of the bec where it goes into the receiver.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Red wire is pulled from esc, orange wire pulled also, I noticed your thread rockcrawler...lol , I just cant figure this thing out. One thing i did notice was even with the servos centered they still make a buzzing sound, but if i lift the crawler off the ground it goes away, weird? its not binding that i can see, but when i set it back down it starts buzzing again. When it shuts down it seems like its tripping the esc or the ccbec not sure witch one?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:01 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ok, this is driving me krazy.....lol. I unhooked one of the servos and tried running it that way, it ran only for a few minutes then did it again. Could the servos be pulling to many amps causing it to glitch?

edit: I have even tryed the changes tattokenny made in his thread with the same results..it just keeps shutting down then comes back on after a few seconds. it almost acts like its tripping a breaker then resets itself. going straight its ok but when I turn the wheels and get the servos under a load is when this happens.

Last edited by mudboger07; 04-28-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #7

i had the same problem with my dx6 and tried everything. finally i switched to a futaba 7 brand new and the problem instantly went away. if you have found a solution please let me know. as of now i am calling it the radio/receiver
TWISTEDBYDESIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #8

I am having the same problem and it is looking like it is a BEC issue. Quoted from RCCOntario.com "you need a castle bec (20$). I had the same problem, your servos are killing your esc. a bec will bypass the esc and throw the servos directly onto your battery so if your steering needs more juice, it won't take what the esc needs."
trynacrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTEDBYDESIGN View Post
i had the same problem with my dx6 and tried everything. finally i switched to a futaba 7 brand new and the problem instantly went away. if you have found a solution please let me know. as of now i am calling it the radio/receiver
I am thinking the same thing. Hey ken , Hellhed was talking about a little power cap that plugs in the bind/batt port on the reciever that might help with that. This thing.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM1600
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

There is a possibility that the buss in the receiver has bad connection. The + and - feed from one end of the buss to the other. battery power can be supplied at any port ie batt,chan 1,chan2 etc. Typically it comes in on the channel 1. When you load with a servo it can drop the voltage at that end and cause a glitch and or a shutdown.
One-eyed Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:32 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenbelly View Post
I am thinking the same thing. Hey ken , Hellhed was talking about a little power cap that plugs in the bind/batt port on the reciever that might help with that. This thing.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM1600

Ya that does help, but it also help to wire the servos threw a bec directly and send only the signal wire to the rx........