Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: electronics help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default electronics help

Hi. I seem to be having some trouble with my electronics. Ok when im driving my car and turn right, the motor and servo stay going and theres no way to stop it except cut the power. So i did an experiment and its the weirdest thing... If i have my battery unplugged and my servo and esc plugged into the Rx and i manually turn the wheels back and forth, the esc(mamba 25) is somehow getting power because the faster i turn the wheels the more the mambas led's light up. But then when i unplug the servo and turn the wheels, the mamba does not light up at all. So then i plugged in an extra standard servo i had layin around and turn the wheels the esc does not light up at all. It seems that it is somehow getting power from my hitec 5955 servo. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. Thanks. Also the mamba lights up if i turn the wheels with the 5955 servo plugged into the aux port. And i also plugged in another 5955 servo that was on another car and turned the wheels on that car and it did the same thing to the mamba on my car.

Last edited by rc4x4crawler; 05-09-2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: explaining
rc4x4crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

creating friction in the servo when turning the wheels by hand and the servo is acting as a small generator?...No clue..That's my guess though.

-Tim
Tim_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_B View Post
creating friction in the servo when turning the wheels by hand and the servo is acting as a small generator?...No clue..That's my guess though.

-Tim
Ya but then why does this happen when im driving?
rc4x4crawler is offline   Reply With Quote