Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX6i - left stick return mod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #1

Default DX6i - left stick return mod

Does anyone know whats involved in modding a DX6i so the left stick returns to centre? Have searched on here and googled but the only info I have found is that its different from the DX6 method, and that Spectrum can do it when you buy it off them.

Looking to pick up a 2nd hand one but want to make sure I can mod it easily enough myself before I do.

cheers
Ninjamoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Suree you can, I did a couple already...

You'll need a stiff metal rod (available in HS, .058 of an inch if I remember right), a drill bit barely bigger than the rod, a return spring, and scrap plastic or metal to fab some parts. And a lot of patience also....

What I did the first time is take both gimball out of the radio and took the parts that need to be fab. out of the right one to be able to mesure them... I then but those parts in the left one to have the original parts in the gimball that is most used and put the fab. one in the right one. The metal rod is to make 3 pins needed for the mecanism to work and the drill bit to drill one of the fab parts so it revolved around one of the pins.

Note: you can't just inverse the 2 gimballs (L to R and vice versa), the 2 potentiometre are not in the same location on both gimballs....
yelo is offline   Reply With Quote