Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Nomadio React with Spektrum receiver question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Nomadio React with Spektrum receiver question

I have done some research and have not found a clear answer, is the nomadio react compatable with the speckrum ar6000, do any of you guys know if this can be done? i have the beta software, if it can be done can anyone tell me how? all my tx does when trying to bind is it says "searching" and never does anything. any help would be appreciated.
pariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2008, 08:29 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

i thought nomadio and spektrum where two totally different systems? not sure if you could do that..
scuzzy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I know it will work with the sr3000. You have to have the radio in beta mod first. then you just bind it the same way you would as if you had a spektrum radio.

when the radio prompts you and asks if you want to run in beta mod, select yes. that is all you should have to do. I have tried to run it yet but I know a guy in our club is
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I have bound to Spectrum with the React. I know it works with the earlier Spectrum Rx but not sure about the versions compatible with DX-3. The trick is in the React Menu (think its advanced options) is an option for reciever type, think there are 3 options one is normal, one is DSM (da slow mode). You need the DSM. You'll know you have it cause when you exit that menu it will pop up an extra screen asking you to confirm beta operation.... then you can bind as normal to a Spectrum Rx.

Note it will probably be fine for crawling but I and another racer have noticed the Spectrum to be slower. Not noticed if you a Spectrum user but after running pure Nomadio the slower response equaled about 2 tenths per lap on 1/12 carpet.
Miller Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote