Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: DX6i - Need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #1

Default DX6i - Need help

Hi, i just get myself a DX6i and currently facing problem in setting. I'm trying to run 4WS, how to mix the front and rear steering so that i able to choose as the following?
1. only front steering
2. 4ws (front and rear in opposite direction)
3. Crab walk

i understand that there's a switch for this fucntion, just can't figure out.

any one using DX6i for crawler? really need your help and advice.

thank you.

Velson
GTBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 02:03 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

all of those switches are what you use to do all of those functions through the mixes that you set in the radio.read the directions if you have them!

you just need to go through and set them.(all the channels are in plane terms.elv could be you steering servo rud could be throttle and so fourth)

or you can just use both sticks.then you just need to figure out what channel does what.

are you close to an airplane hobby shop?they can help you set up the mixes if you know what channels you want to mix.
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

This is not exactally what your looking for but it give you the basic idea how to mox channels.

http://rccrawler.com/dx6.html
mudboger07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

i will be wanting to do the same thing as you soon. i bought the dx6i as well. the instructions mudboger posted would i use that but do it for the steering instead of throttle? that allows the flip of the switch to have independant steering and sequence steering by flipping the switch again right? thanks
06yz250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:18 PM   #5

what receivers are you guys using with the dx6 or dx6i? I use the dx6i for my heli is it best to invest in the same receiver as in my heli or is there a cheaper alternative? I would just like to have independent control of the steering on both axles of my clod.
wutsurname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsurname View Post
what receivers are you guys using with the dx6 or dx6i? I use the dx6i for my heli is it best to invest in the same receiver as in my heli or is there a cheaper alternative? I would just like to have independent control of the steering on both axles of my clod.
I am using this in one of my scalers......
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6100
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I just did this on one of mine, so I will tell you exactly how I have it setup. My front steering is in the Aile port, and my rear steer is in the Rudder port. With this and all my switches off, I operate my throttle with the left stick, and front steering with the right, and also operate the rear steer with the left stick. You may not want to have yours setup this way though, so in that case you could just put it in another port and select that port when you setup the mix. Now for the mixing.

Go to Adjust List from the menu and select mix 1.
My mix one is set as follows---Aile } Rudd ACT.......that means my Aile gimbal is the master and the Rudder is the slave because the Rudder port is where my rear steer is plugged. Rate L -125% R-125% This is how to set the rates for 4ws. Under all that I have SW ELE D/R because I have it setup to turn that mix on and off with the Elev D/R switch above the left gimbal. Then my trim is inhibited.

That's all for that one, you can now move on to mix 2.
On this one I have the same Aile } Rudd ACT.......But you want your rates to be different to get crabwalk. Mine are set at L +125% R +125%...........THen under that I have mine set as SW GEAR because I wanted to turn that mix on and off with the Gear switch above the left gimbal.

That should get you set up. I must note that this is how I have mine, you may want to only set your rates at 100% on all of them instead of 125%, but for some reason I wasn't getting all of the steering travel that I wanted out of it without doing that. Also I may be backwards on which one is 4ws, and which one is crabwalk, but you get the general idea. Basically you want your rates on one mix to be all negative (-), and both rates on the other to be (+).

Hope all that makes sense.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #8

Thanks guys. I have my blade 400 in pieces right now due to a backflip attempt so im thinking about just using the AR6100e receiver from the heli with the dx6i. The next problem I face is getting sufficient power to both my front and rear servos for steering. I am running a Tekin Titan ESC and the manual says not to run more than one servo off of it's internal BEC. It's easy to run a pack to the receiver but is a external BEC worth it?

Last edited by wutsurname; 03-23-2009 at 10:48 PM.
wutsurname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:49 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutsurname View Post
Thanks guys. I have my blade 400 in pieces right now due to a backflip attempt so im thinking about just using the AR6100e receiver from the heli with the dx6i. The next problem I face is getting sufficient power to both my front and rear servos for steering. I am running a Tekin Titan ESC and the manual says not to run more than one servo off of it's internal BEC. It's easy to run a pack to the receiver but is a external BEC worth it?

Absoutely worth it. Go with the Castle Creations BEC. I will never run another r/c without one personally.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

thanks works great
wheelstoo is offline   Reply With Quote