Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: TSC Quesion for a NEWB !!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default TSC Quesion for a NEWB !!

Hi all, I have what may seem like a very dumb question but I need to ask. I used the search on here as well as google but came up with no help. I am making my first ever scale crawler and my first electric RC in about 10 years. I am using some of my old electronics until I have enough funds saved up to upgrade.
Now for the question. I am using a Tekin TSC-411 P2 and I could have sworn it was a forward and reverse TSC. I have no reverse. Can you tell me if I am crazy or is this a forward/reverse TSC?

Thanks and go ahead flame away !!!
reddevildemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

TekESC12.pdf (application/pdf Object) dont think so they talk about a diode.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Ya I found that one too but I didnt see anything telling me one way or the other. I think I will try Tekin support.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

the fact that they mention schottky diodes tells me that it doesnt have rev. rev would blow the diode apart.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
the fact that they mention schottky diodes tells me that it doesnt have rev. rev would blow the diode apart.
Yep, diodes go on fwd only rec's.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:32 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevildemo View Post
Hi all, I have what may seem like a very dumb question but I need to ask. I used the search on here as well as google but came up with no help. I am making my first ever scale crawler and my first electric RC in about 10 years. I am using some of my old electronics until I have enough funds saved up to upgrade.
Now for the question. I am using a Tekin TSC-411 P2 and I could have sworn it was a forward and reverse TSC. I have no reverse. Can you tell me if I am crazy or is this a forward/reverse TSC?

Thanks and go ahead flame away !!!
Since you are a noob and can't figure out how to research things I'll help without a flame. You could have downloaded the manual for thatt ESC on the Tekin site http://www.teamtekin.com/Manuals/TSC...11G2,420G2.pdf just like I did or you can go to a board to discuss a product that no one knows anything about and be frustrated.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Since you are a noob and can't figure out how to research things I'll help without a flame. You could have downloaded the manual for thatt ESC on the Tekin site http://www.teamtekin.com/Manuals/TSC...11G2,420G2.pdf just like I did or you can go to a board to discuss a product that no one knows anything about and be frustrated.

Yup I'm a newb and I did download the manual before I ever posted on here. I did not understand it and thus here we are.

Thanks for the help. I now know it is not a reverse ESC so off to the lhs to get one.