Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dx7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Dx7

I was wondering if I can put in a 3 position switch or use the "flap mix" 3 position switch as a channel? I would like to use this radio with a 3 position dig on a Berg. Any other ideas if this won't work.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

You can use the idle up 3 pos switch (heli guy here) on the top of the radio to be a 3 channel dig switch. To do this however you need to use a 7channel rx.

In model configuration (hold the left 2 buttons when powering on). set you swash type to 1 servo normal (not sure what it would be in airplane mode). Then set aux2 to use f.mode. Exit model configuration

Now when you got you stick monitor screen you can see the 3pos switch is operating on the aux2 channel so you would plug your dig into aux2, and adjust the throw of the servo with EPA.
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

yes you can use the flap mix. Thats how i have dig on my 2.2. you can do it the way Dynamic^cipher did it. Or you can do it this way.

Before you turn your radio on. Hold the scroll down button and the select button at the same time. Turn the power on. Then scroll through the screen until you see
Input select
Aux2:3p sw
aux2 trim:act
Flap:system
flap Trim:act
then just push the scroll down button and the select button down at the same time and now all you have to do is adjust your servo travel for your dig setup.

To do this. Turn the radio on and push the scroll down button and the select button down at the same time. Then just scroll through the screens until you see travel adjust. scroll through that screen by pressing the select button. Until you you see
Flap
U 100%
D 100%
then after you get done with that screen. Scroll to the screen that says
[FLAP SYS]
FLAP ELEV
NORM 0% 0%
MID 30% 0%
LAND 79% 0%

Just play with these settings until you get them where you want it. These are my settings for my dx7 for my dig on my 2.2
I hope this helps you out
YAKIMA RC RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAKIMA RC RACER View Post
yes you can use the flap mix. Thats how i have dig on my 2.2. you can do it the way Dynamic^cipher did it. Or you can do it this way.

Before you turn your radio on. Hold the scroll down button and the select button at the same time. Turn the power on. Then scroll through the screen until you see
Input select
then just push the scroll down button and the select button down at the same time and now all you have to do is adjust your servo travel for your dig setup.

To do this. Turn the radio on and push the scroll down button and the select button down at the same time. Then just scroll through the screens until you see travel adjust. scroll through that screen by pressing the select button. Until you you see
Flap
U 100%
D 100%
[FLAP SYS]
FLAP ELEV
NORM 0% 0%
MID 30% 0%
LAND 79% 0%

Just play with these settings until you get them where you want it. These are my settings for my dx7 for my dig on my 2.2

Thank you for posting this information. I was able to set up my DNA dig in a matter of minutes on my new DX7 thanks to your post.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I was thinking about purchasing a dx6. Is there anyway to configure one of its switches as 3 position? If not, maybe I should just go for the dx7.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Thank you for posting this information. I was able to set up my DNA dig in a matter of minutes on my new DX7 thanks to your post.
Hey glad i could help and glad you got it set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
I was thinking about purchasing a dx6. Is there anyway to configure one of its switches as 3 position? If not, maybe I should just go for the dx7.
Sorry but the any of the dx6's does not have a 3 position switch.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:18 PM   #7
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
I sold my DX6 to buy the DX7. I love the DX7. That said, yes the DX6 can be mixed to have three positions. If you do a search, a few threads will come up. I had my DX6 mixed the way 666 does his. I was using a combination of the gear switch and the A1 mix switch to control the 3 speed shift on my F350 High Lift. I was also using it to control the dig servo for my R2D on my 2.2 scaler.

Having the three position switch on the DX7 is simple and easy. The menu screen and program options on the DX7 is much better then the DX6. If cost is a factor, the DX6 works great. If you can afford the DX7, it's worth it in the long run. I use the DX7 for all four of my rc rock crawlers so to me it was completely worth it. Some guys prefer pistol controllers over stick controllers and only use the stick when they have to (like for a Super) so they would prefer to buy a DX6 since it is more affordable.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I sold my DX6 to buy the DX7. I love the DX7. That said, yes the DX6 can be mixed to have three positions. If you do a search, a few threads will come up. I had my DX6 mixed the way 666 does his. I was using a combination of the gear switch and the A1 mix switch to control the 3 speed shift on my F350 High Lift. I was also using it to control the dig servo for my R2D on my 2.2 scaler.

Having the three position switch on the DX7 is simple and easy. The menu screen and program options on the DX7 is much better then the DX6. If cost is a factor, the DX6 works great. If you can afford the DX7, it's worth it in the long run. I use the DX7 for all four of my rc rock crawlers so to me it was completely worth it. Some guys prefer pistol controllers over stick controllers and only use the stick when they have to (like for a Super) so they would prefer to buy a DX6 since it is more affordable.
Ok i didn't think of doing it that way thanks for teaching me something
Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #9
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

This is the thread where 666 lists how he mixed his DX6:

DX6 - DIG Setup for VF DIG

A few other options are discussed as well. If mixing channels seems like an inconvenience to you, then a DX7 would make it easier for you.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I have a dx6i and have modded it. I couldn't get used to all the mixing and having to control things with left and right movement like 666 can. Here is what we did(Thanks Rathgar)

You do have to crack the case and void your warranty to do this, but all is reversable.

You get 4 3 position channels(all on the sticks) and 2 2position channels.

First crack the case and work on the left stick. We first took the return spring off the left right movement and installed on the up/down movement. We put a small screw to lock out the left and right movement. . We then took the 2 2 channel switches out and taped them inside the case. We then soldered a 3 position switch to the left/right wires of the left stick and mounted in the open hole above the left stick.

Then we do the same to the right side, but this time we put a screw in the up and down so it can only turn left and right. Soldered wires for the up/down to a 3 position switch and mounted above the right stick.

Now we have the left stick is just the throttle, right stick is just steering. You also now have 2 open 3 position switches to use for dig,winch, what ever you need. You still have all the mixing available to you if you need it along with the other 2 2 channel switches.

Main reason I did this is because I tried to use 666 rig and could not for the life of me get the hang of it. I figured if I made it like my old school stick radio I could use it. That is what I did.

We got the idea off the DX3 switch mod that we did and found off this site. We used the same switches and hooked wires up the same. Hope this may help someone that is just looking for simple switches like us. We have been using them for 6 months now with no issues.

If someone would like to see what it looks like done, let me know and I can get some pics of it posted up.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAKIMA RC RACER View Post

Input select

Flap
U 100%
D 100%
[FLAP SYS]
FLAP ELEV
NORM 0% 0%
MID 30% 0%
LAND 79% 0%

Old thread but thanks for this. Exactly what I needed for my setup. Thanks!
jaggededge is offline   Reply With Quote