Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: servo help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default servo help

I searched and couldnt find anything so here is my ? I have a wheely king that has been converted to a crawler and I want to improve my steering. What servo do you reccomend and will I have to do get anything else besides the servo? I dont want to spend more than about 25-30 dollars.
parker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Official Cook of the ECC

That's not much to work with. If that's all you have a TowerPro servo would be your best bet.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Your out of luck then, at least in my opinion because for a good servo your looking at around $100 (or more).

I tried using a 645 servo (there about $35) and it doesn't cut it at all. when you wheel is up against a rock you need the servo to be able to push the whole truck.

I'd recommend the 8711 or a 5955TG
Dynamic^Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I think the towerpro (MG995 or MG946r) is the best servo that's inexpensive. I have a Hitec 7955tg in my comp rig, but in my test rig and play rig I have towerpro servos. You can buy them for around $12 shipped to your door on ebay and places like that. I usually buy two for $24 shipped or something like that, that way even if one goes out I'll still have another one and will definitely get my money's worth. They put out around 210 oz/in of torque and they're digital, where the Hitec 645MG is analog on puts out 133 oz/in of torque. I know the quality is not like a $100 servo, but I've put mine through the abuses, at least 4 different servos in different rigs, and given some to friends, and I haven't had one go bad on me yet. I wouldn't put them in a plane or something where 100% accuracy is required, but they're great in a crawler.
CharliesTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i actually use towerpros in my 1/8 scale nitros and despite everyone wanting to hate on them because they are cheap and not name brand they work GREAT. I am getting ready to order one for my crawler right now. so if your budget is low look into the towerpro mg995
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote