Mamba Max (about 6 mo old)
Integy v10 50t (fairly new)
DX3R
R2D
JRz9000t (steering)
Hi-Tech HS-645mg (dig) (brand new)
Zero Chassis
WK Axles

I just upgraded to the DX3R and ran it a few times with no problems.
Also just installed the R2D(sat night). Got the dig all set up, tested and ran in the garage (about 10 min), works perfect. I decided to re-install the CC BEC, due to lack of steering power. After installing the bec (installed per the diagram on package), it would not stop glitching. I have been reading glitching threads all day and trying all those solutions and tips all day, with no fixes yet.

Here is what I have tried:
1. Disconnect the CC BEC - still glitches
2. Different motor - still glitches
3. Re-route all the wires including antenna - still glitches
4. Moved the MM ESC away from the receiver - still glitches
5. Different ESC - still glitches
6. Re-program the ESC (several times) - still glitches
7. Different servo - still glitches
8. Disconnect both servos - motor still glitches
9. Disconnect the motor only - servos glitch
10. Cleaned motor with elec. buggy spray - still glitches

I am guessing my only option at this point might be to call Castle Creations and see what they say about warranty. Any input that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. I was plannin on goin to a GTG 2 hrs away on tuesday. Might not be able to make it now.
TONKA TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
tjb
Rock Crawler

Don't see you tried rebinding your Rx... Have you tried that at all? I know few guys who have the Rx/Tx bind dump on them here and there.....
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb View Post
Don't see you tried rebinding your Rx... Have you tried that at all? I know few guys who have the Rx/Tx bind dump on them here and there.....
Yeah, I tried rebinding, recalibrating, reprogramming, everything I could think of. I know I had a few issues with my DX3.0 and a couple times the re-binding did the trick. I might just have to dig out an old 2 ch radio and try the crystals to see what happens. Thanks tjb for the reply.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Reinstall your old radio my first DX3R had problems and need the help of the Spectrum guys at Horizon. Call them they are really good on the phone and will walk you threw it. I'm up and running and have had no problems.

You've done just about everything possible and it's now pointing to the radio IMO. Maybe I'm just suspicious because I had a radio problem myself.

Please let us know how you resolve the problems your situation is very interesting. Good luck it's frustrating.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Reinstall your old radio my first DX3R had problems and need the help of the Spectrum guys at Horizon. Call them they are really good on the phone and will walk you threw it. I'm up and running and have had no problems.

You've done just about everything possible and it's now pointing to the radio IMO. Maybe I'm just suspicious because I had a radio problem myself.

Please let us know how you resolve the problems your situation is very interesting. Good luck it's frustrating.
I think you are right, I just plugged up my old TQ2 and the ESC actually calibrated with minor servo glitching issues. Right now, the ESC will not calibrate completely with the DX3R. It will give me the green light, the red light, but gets stuck on calibration when it gets to the neuteral position (yellow light). Thanks for the heads up Stormin, I think I am gonna call Horizon here shortly.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Nor-CalRCRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONKA TOY View Post
I think you are right, I just plugged up my old TQ2 and the ESC actually calibrated with minor servo glitching issues. Right now, the ESC will not calibrate completely with the DX3R. It will give me the green light, the red light, but gets stuck on calibration when it gets to the neuteral position (yellow light). Thanks for the heads up Stormin, I think I am gonna call Horizon here shortly.
Sounds like maybe you got it handled but incase you have more problems;

You didn't mention if the other motor you tried was new or not. I have had glitching problems on three different occasions because of my lathe motor. On each occasion I installed a brand new motor and had no more problems. I know a few other people with the same experience.
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default I am SOFA KING WE TALL DID!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like an idgit.... I called Horizon and spoke to the Spectrum Tech Dept. They were very friendly and happy to help. I explained the issues that I was having and also the solutions that I had tried with no success, and that I still can not get the ESC to recalibrate with the DX3R. It worked fine with my old TQ2 but not with the DX.

After turning on the radio and doing a few system checks and reading him some #'s, I was instructed to try putting the servo wire into the throttle channel. I press the trigger forward, and the servo moved, but still glitched quite a bit, but not near as bad as it was.... I was then instructed to Reset the Parameters. I explained that I had tried it with no success, but he knows more about the radio than I do. I Plugged everything back in the way it is supposed to be, and proceeded to Reset the Parameters on the radio. I hit re-calibrate, moved the wheel from left to right a few times, and press and push the trigger a few times. The radio beeps and recalibrates itself. I turn off the radio and esc. Turn everything back on and go through the motions to re-calibrate the ESC, and ....BAM..... Damn thing runs smooth as butter..... Well, when my dumb POLISH A$$ tried to Reset the Parameters, I didn't wiggle the wheel or push and pull the throttle....

36 hours of thinkin about it.....
6 hours of tryin to fix it........
20 min on the phone to find out I am retarded.........

PRICELESS.........
Old 08-18-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Great Tonka Toy I'm glad your ready to rumble.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote