Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 5000 mah SC run time ponderance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 5000 mah SC run time ponderance

So I took a Venom 5000 mah SC pack and ripped it apart and made a custom front axle pack out of it

OOOO
O==O

Kinda like that with the == being the servo.
I got about 3.5 hours of runtime out of it, I didn't notice any slowdown but it got really dark and I had to stop crawling. I then charged it at 2amps and it peaked at 2900mah, gonna cycle it a few more times. BTW initial charge was 4800ish. My motor/esc is the rooster with the 55t. I'm thinking however that with this kinda weight over the axle I don't need tire weights.
Is/are there any downsides to running a config like this?
BoredGord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I run 5000man sub Cs as well. The only downside is waiting for the people who use small packs to change batteries.
Dumptruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
RCC Addict

heh, i too made a pack like yours, to go around the steering servo. loved the setup, but the cells i used were messed up.

my neighbor uses a stnd 6cell 7.2 at 4100 Mah and he can get about 2 plus hrs out of it. it does slow down, but only for the last 10 mins or so of the pack.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I used to have the same kind of set up, the run times are great!! That is the one thing that I miss. That configuration will work, but once you get into some steeper climbs or a little off camber stuff. The xtra weight up high will mostly roll you over. It used to frustrate me to no end. Once I went to smaller packs that were down low, It has been all good. If it works for you then keep it, especially if you are just bashing around. If you decide to go to comps, you could start to see alot of roll overs. The other thing to watch out for is it will keep all the heat around and in your servo.
THnCS is offline   Reply With Quote