Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak Rooster Crawler edition problem.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Novak Rooster Crawler edition problem.

hello guys,
Im new to rock crawling and need some help about the Novak rooster crawler edition.

I bought it yesterday and today i installed it on my truck, everything like the manual said and it worked ok.
When i go forward it's powerfull and smooth but when i reverse it is smooth but not poowerfull.

Another problem is that when i turn it on the crawler starts mooving forward slowly and i didnt accelerate, and the trim from the radio is at the far back which like that the truck is supposed to reverse.

Its driving me crazy :/

Motor: Novak Fifty-Five
Radio: FUTABA T2ER 2-CH SURFACE STICK RADIO

Can anyone solve my problems?

Thanks for any help.
pitass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2008, 05:30 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Make sure you set all your trims to zero and then reset the esc.
trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

I charged the battrey and set the trims to zero and when i press the 'set' button on the speed controller the tuck starts moving full speed forward for about 3 seconds and then back to as it was.

any ideas?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Are you doing it as the manual says? Transmitter on, push set button on the esc, esc power on, cont. pushing the esc button until red light comes on, release button, stick full throttle until green light comes on, stick full reverse until green light blinks, release and light goes red again.

Motor shouldn't run during setting. You can try disconnecting it just in case. You only need the battery and receiver to set the esc.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

hey there,
I followed the manual again carfully, set it and working great!

verry smooth.

thanks very much m8
Old 08-28-2008, 10:32 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

No problem Enjoy your Rooster, I know I do
Old 09-03-2008, 03:58 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Hate to highjack this, but, I have a problem with my rooster CE that i cannot find a similar post on. All is good setup wise and throttle is pretty smooth. Except for when the trigger goes 5% past neutral, truck moving very slowly then it glitches and jumps. i can actually hold the trigger there and watch it glitch across the room. A little more trigger, full pro, move it back to that same spot, glitch. Same in reverse, about 5% throttle. Using dual 55t Integy motors with 4200 nimh pack. Tried everything, another tq3 radio, multiple 1 touch setups, all pots on neutral, different packs, different RX's. Charged packs/discharged packs. All the same thing. Weird full power stutter at 5% throttle. No other glitches so I know its not my RX. Anyone else heard of this problem? Always had weird problems with Novak products dating back to the 828 HV esc, so maybe its just my luck.
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:17 AM   #8

You should check out this thread, Ripperfi. Many reports "jittery" behaviour from the ESC when barely pulling the trigger. People have sent their ESCs in to Novak to have them fixed, as they have now apparently got a solution to the problem. There are a couple mail addresses in the thread. You should send a mail explaining your problem.
supah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the response. I did find the Novak threed a and guess im not alone in this problem. I think its great theres a fix, but 2 week downtime for shipping is a bummer.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Before returning your Roster CE, please email charlie@teamnovak.com He can help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperfi View Post
Thanks for the response. I did find the Novak threed a and guess im not alone in this problem. I think its great theres a fix, but 2 week downtime for shipping is a bummer.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

ok will do.