Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: noob electronic questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default noob electronic questions

so i have built an ax10, and i want to upgrade all the electronics for more reliability, and better performance.

Anyways, I am currently running an integy 55t motor, Novak XRS ESC, Hitec HS-645MG Servo, ad a random radio set up.

I am looking at the castle creations Mamba max Esc, any other suggestions?
I am probably not going to be going brushless anytime soon, but the option would be nice.

Motor? I will probably just keep the integy 55t motor, I think sometime like the holmes hobbies 7t puller motor would be a little over kill for me. I would like a little more wheel speed, can i achieve this with a lower turn motor?

Servo should be alright for now, would a BEC help improve the performance of the Servo?

As far as radios go i have no idea. Currently i have a 2ch, but i would like some 2ch and 3 ch option, as i would like to add a dig set up to my ax10.
What is everyone else running these days?

thanks in advance for the info
Steven
sbarnesvta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2008, 07:54 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I think the cc sidewinder is the best bang for the buck. Runs both brushed and brushless and with the link the options are endless. a hh 35t handwound will get that more wheel speed you want without going brushless or puller. I run a 3pm radio but it only has a 2position 3rd channel. My dig is locked or unluocked only. If you want a 3 position challen I'd go with the dx3r

bec will give the servo more power cause it takes juice straight from the battery and regulates it instead of coming from the esc. My sidewinder puts 5 volts to the servos while the ccbec puts a full 6 and is also programmable
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 PM   #3

I would agree with all of what you just said. I am also running a sidewinder with a integy 45t motor this motor is slow enough to crawl but really has enough wheel speed to bump it over rocks and such. IMO I think 35t may be a little fast for my liking. Also I am running CC Bec A god send if i do say so myself. Hitec is my servo for steering hitec HS-225BB for my DNA dig and I am also running a 3pm radio. That is two people with almost the same setup so I would say this one is a winner!! If you have any more questions please post them!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:15 PM   #4

Also use Deans connectors and Deans Wet Noodle wire IMO this is the greatest wire and connectors ever.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

thanks for the advice guys, i ended up getting a mamba max esc, im looking into the 35t HH motor, Definately going to pick up a ccbec, and i got a good deal on a spektrum dx2.0. Im not planning on needing a 3ch radio, but if i do i can always sell this one and get the dx3r.
sbarnesvta is offline   Reply With Quote