Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: major mamba max glitching issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation major mamba max/motor glitching issues

I recently bought a used mamba max from the for sale section on the site to replace my rooster crawler for my upgrade to lipo. this is the problem, when I apply throttle, doesn't matter how much, lets say I apply 25% throttle, the car will go but after a random period of time it will glitch backwards at 25% throttle and if I increase the throttle, the intensity of the glitching seems to increase too. Also, when by servos were in a bind, the servos would glitch between trying to zero out and trying to push the wheels where they are supposed to be, this problem was solved when I installed a cc bec. the mamba max still glitches though and I have a comp on wednesday and I want to know if there is anything I can do to decrease the glitching

Last edited by stublet; 09-01-2008 at 10:05 PM.
stublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
RCC Addict

What TX/RX? Antenna wiring? Metal to metal contact within the chassis?
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I am running a tq3 but the problem persists with a dx3 installed, I don't have any metal to metal on my chassis that I have noticed, here's a pic of my setup-
Name:  Picture_0839.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  92.3 KB
Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

How do you have the CC BEC installed as far as the wiring?
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I have this same problem too to some extent, I programmed the start power to medium from high and set the dead band to average, and it eleminated some of the problem, I am running the delrin zero chassis so i'm not sure it's a motor noise problem... not trying to highjack, just combatting the same issue

btw, my bec is wired directily to the esc deans, and i'm running a xr3i

Last edited by mexiCAN; 09-01-2008 at 10:38 PM.
mexiCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Have you removed the red wire from ESC going to the Reciever? If it is connected, then there will be major issues from what i understand. I cant see from that picture if you have it removed or not. Also, on the Castle Creations website, there is mention of glitching problems being caused by the orange wire on the CCbec. You might also want to remove the orange wire from the CCBEC plug just to make sure.
Please make sure you insulate both wires when removed from plug as to avoid shorting out against any other wiring or terminals. Hope that helps

Frank
ford mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:31 AM   #7
MWRCA'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford mav View Post
You might also want to remove the orange wire from the CCBEC plug just to make sure.
Frank

Wonder if the unit would still be progamable with the castle link.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I have my bec plugged into the battery jack on the receiver and I have the esc power wire removed
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford mav View Post
on the Castle Creations website, there is mention of glitching problems being caused by the orange wire on the CCbec. You might also want to remove the orange wire from the CCBEC plug just to make sure.
Please make sure you insulate both wires when removed from plug as to avoid shorting out against any other wiring or terminals. Hope that helps

Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
Wonder if the unit would still be progamable with the castle link.
The orange wire deal was only an issue with older spektrum radios, some kind of interference with the bind sequence. It's not still programmable if you do that, but if you pull it out of the plug rather than snip the wire you can stick it back in for programming.

How is the mamba programmed? Do you have caps on your motor? Try getting your receiver farther away from the motor and motor wires. Castle support is extremely good, while they might not get you taken care of in time for tomorrow's comp, they will straighten it out soon if you get in contact with them.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Another thing just occurred to me. Try reversing and re-centering your throttle channel, and re-programming your ESC. It can't hurt to try.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

my mm is programed with-

forward/brake/reverse
100% brake
100%reverse
punch control disabled
100% drag brake
start power high
9v cutoff (I have checked to make sure this was right many times)
normal motor timing
brushed reversing motor type

I do have caps on my motor but I think I may need my comm turned/new brushes, would that make a difference?

I moved my antennae away from the motor/motorwires and it seemed to help a little, yet the problem is still evident even with a spectrum radio
Old 09-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
Another thing just occurred to me. Try reversing and re-centering your throttle channel, and re-programming your ESC. It can't hurt to try.
I'll try that too thanks Chris
Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
The orange wire deal was only an issue with older spektrum radios, some kind of interference with the bind sequence. It's not still programmable if you do that, but if you pull it out of the plug rather than snip the wire you can stick it back in for programming.
Try pulling the orange wire. Gatekeepers rig did this at the ECC. I pulled the orange wire and I dont believe he has had trouble since.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:36 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I haven't had this issue but I know others that have. They corrected it with the alt BEC wiring, only the servo will get BEC power, the Rx will get ESC metered power.
I don't have the link handy, sorry.
JeepinDoug is offline   Reply With Quote