Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 3pm settings for 3-pos. dig must read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Holdin my 40oz.

Default Futaba 3pm settings for 3-pos. dig must read

ATTENTION ALL FUTABA 3PM OWNERS:
This info may have already been posted but I have never found it. I figured out how to set the radio so that you can switch from 4wd to rear lock directly with cond.2 on and just move SW1 back and forth, or you can go to freewheel from 4wd or from dig by turning off cond.2 If anyone is interested this is how my radio is set up.note...my servo is mounted so that it pulls the dig slider from behind(similiar to rubaneck's and others rigs).Ok here goes with cond.2 on and slider switch 1 to the left the PMX lfu is -69 and the rbd is+25, with the switch to the right the lfu is-69 and the rbd is +25. now with the cond. 2 off and the slider to the RIGHT the lfu is -15 and the rbd is-2....with cond.2 off and the switch to the LEFT the lfu is-15 and the rbd is-2. EPA 3rd ch.is set as follows...lfu 0 rbd 40 with cond.2 on or off and switch1 in either position. SBT-3Ch is set with the lfu at -27. So with these settings you should be able to go from 4wd to freewheel to dig and back again, or go straight to dig from 4wd. That I really like. Any questions, I'll try to help.
Ralphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

In the Definative Radio ect. Sticky, there's a couple 3PM setups. Ones is for 4w steer and the other is 3-Speed Shift. The 3-Speed tutorial is one a few people have used as a programming start for Dig and even operating winches.

Not trying to take anything away here so don't take it the wrong way. You didn't mention going into the System menu and enabling the Condition switch. Did you do any configuration changes there or was your's already enabled?
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Holdin my 40oz.

Default thanks

Yes, I did forget to mention that, I used the 3 spd set-up to set my dig originally, but it limited me to going from 4wd to free to dig to free to 4wd and it had to be done in that order both ways or it would bind up the dig servo if not done in the right sequence. with settings similiar to mine one can go straight to dig and back and only use the freewheel when desired. As far as the menu to switch to cond.2 SW1-CD, SW2-3C COND2 ON. those are the only changes I thought relevant...you'll also notice I left out the PMX-MS=ch3, PMX-SL=Ch3, Pmx-MD=on settings. Again, I thought that most reading this thread would already have their radios somewhat set-up for the dig(with a VF dig). But thanks for pointing out the missing info. Just trying to help out others with 3PM's.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Cool. I never did try it with Dig. I got lazy and saved up enough to throw some money at a DX3R and the DNA dig setup.

This way sounds quite a bit more user friendly.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:54 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Cool I was just about to do this with my 3PM and my R2D. I was reading the 3-speed shift thread but Im going to try this now.
HiloDB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Set up my 3pm as described above and it works great with my R2D. Start with the OP settings and did some slight adjustments to work with my setup. Thanks a lot
HiloDB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #7
Holdin my 40oz.

Glad to here it!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 AM   #8
RCC Addict

are we talking about the 3PM-FS Pro??? Thought that only had a 2 position 3rd channel. Really would like to know cause I can get a really good price on one but didnt due to the lack of ability of running my R2D
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:09 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
are we talking about the 3PM-FS Pro??? Thought that only had a 2 position 3rd channel. Really would like to know cause I can get a really good price on one but didnt due to the lack of ability of running my R2D
Yes and the 3rd channel is a 2 position switch. You can program the radio and with the Condition 2 switch you can get 3 positions out of it.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

I guess I will have to go back and give it another try. Everytime I try to program it, both switches make the server throw to the same endpoints.
CJBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:19 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I know I havent dorked around with this radio but are you being able to shift between all 3 positions quite quickly???? without having to get into programing once it is all set up?? Dont want it to not be user friendly durring a comp. Must be simple, push this while driving and shift shift shift. I mean I can use a M8 and turn the knob but isnt really the best way durring a comp.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I'm a tool. I gave up on the 3PM and bought a DX3. ;)
CJBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
Holdin my 40oz.

Yes ,it is user friendly, SW1 to the left with cond.2 on it's in 4wd hit cond.2 off and it's in dig, to freewheel put sw1 to the right and cond2 off. Flick the sw1 back to the right and it's 4wd again. try it, it's so easy you''l like it, i do.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I think this is great information. I had a 3PM and a 3PK, and I wanted a radio that I could set up with one switch in the three position sequence so that I would have no more than one switch to worry about. I bought a Spektrum DX3R, and I'm not happy with it at all. It's like I went from a Bentley to a Geo Metro when I gave up my 3PK. I will soon be ordering a Futaba 4PK to get back to the high quality that I'm used to with Futaba.
CharliesTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #15
Holdin my 40oz.

I hope this info comes in handy to others as well...
Old 09-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

This info is very good,thanx.It helped me decide what new radio to get.I don't really want to pay for a DX3, and all the 3ch 2.4's i see are all 2 position switches that offer little or no setup otions.
irok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #17

thanks so muchI needed this info for sure. I'v been running my 3pm on 2 position 4wheel and dig but was wondering how the freewheel front only option works on the rocks. Looks like I will be foolin around with it when i get home.
JPB-rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Default Thanks for the help

Wish I had read this before I burned up my new servo Sometimes fingering your way through something is not the right answer. You da man, took me about ten minutes and have all settings tweaked. Futaba's manual is not very intuitive. I knew this could be done I just wasn't sure how to apply the various conditions. Once again thanks for the help.

This should be a sticky somewhere!
FeilEOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:01 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mriswith View Post
Cool. I never did try it with Dig. I got lazy and saved up enough to throw some money at a DX3R and the DNA dig setup.

This way sounds quite a bit more user friendly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBrad View Post
I'm a tool. I gave up on the 3PM and bought a DX3. ;)
I'm nearly as bad as you guys, I dug out my old 3PDF and started using that after trying to make the 3PM work
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Cant wait to try this once my punk rc dig unit gets here along with my other goodies for the bully rig
boostedg60rado is offline   Reply With Quote