Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Choppy Dig servo, kinda..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Choppy Dig servo, kinda..

Ok, here's the situation.. My dig servo (Hitec Mighty Mini) is set up as a 3 position switch to operate a electric dig for a berg and it activates one of two micro-switches. It goes from left, to center, to right. From center to left and back it works full speed like it's supposed to. But when I go from center to right, it acts like it's binding, it only moves about 1/4 to 1/8 speed and it's choppy. There is no pressure or resistance on it other than the micro-switches that it's hitting. Going from right, back to center is full speed. When I put my finger on the servo horn, it will not move at all, but it should be able to move the weight of my finger I would think. I'm not holding it, just resting my finger on top of it. When I hit the control to activate the servo it just shakes back and forth like it's confused lol. I've checked my framerate, it's at 11ms. It's on a freshly charged and balanced battery. Any ideas?
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

You could have some channel mixing weirdness going on but I would bet the servo is on its way out. You can try a different servo in the reciever port to see if it still does it to trouble shoot.
j33pownr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Mixing is inhibited... after talking to my lhs guy, we're both on the consensus that it's about to go poopie... Thanks for the input though!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Ok, just plugged in my 645 for the heck of it... it does the same thing... Soo.. I decided to mess with my travel values for the servo. Raised both ends of it quite a bit. That got it working right again. Moved them back down to where they originally were at, and all is well.. Any idea what could have caused that??

Last edited by HomerJ; 09-17-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #5

Bergs are worthless...just mail the POS to me and i'll dispose of it..

Insane
Rastus is offline   Reply With Quote