RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html)

70duncan 09-15-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednck21 (Post 1995197)
this may have been asked already, but whats the difference in the 603FS and FF receivers?

The more expensive (603FS)one has an internal and an external antenna, The other one (603FF) only has the external antenna."thumbsup"

Nice new Personalized skin :shock:. Looks good.

Harley 09-15-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70duncan (Post 1995648)
The more expensive (603FS)one has an internal and an external antenna, The other one (603FF) only has the external antenna."thumbsup"

Nice new Personalized skin :shock:. Looks good.

Thanks for the clarification for sure, now I know. Oh and thanks on the skin too, I sat over at Neal's house and we tweaked it just how I wanted. Loving it now, won't be grabbing anyone else's radio again by accident.

rednck21 09-15-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70duncan (Post 1995648)

thanks!

so i really only need either one of the 603's for a dual ESC setup right?

Harley 09-15-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednck21 (Post 1996541)
thanks!

so i really only need either one of the 603's for a dual ESC setup right?

For the dual ESC's you want 604's for max control.

jason 09-15-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiftacu1ar (Post 1993329)
Umm, what track record for burnign rx's? I have dropped mine in water (like fully submersed). They cut-out, but as soon as they dry off, they run again. You can run 12v through them... Most people get out of nomadio b/c of availbailty, but I have a ton of rx's, so that is not a problem. It seems the answer I am getting is "we are futaba fanboys".

I had a nomadio react, after burning through like 10 receivers I got rid of it. The only thing that was worse that the receivers was the customer service.

I loved the radio, loved being able to hook it up via usb to program, loved the features, just the rx's were crap.

rednck21 09-15-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1996551)
For the dual ESC's you want 604's for max control.

how would the extra channel be an advantage?

Harley 09-15-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednck21 (Post 1996572)
how would the extra channel be an advantage?

You will have to go back and read through the setups. For a dual ESC with rear dig controlled by the trigger you need 4 channels. The 603's are what you use for everything else as there are no 2 channel RX's.

Mike Poulson 09-15-2009 10:11 PM

Thanks for the setups on the 4pk you saved me a lot of time, you also influenced me to return a spectrum and buy Futaba. Like many others I am glad I did. Just what the LCC MOA needed.

Mike

Harley 09-15-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Poulson (Post 1997240)
Thanks for the setups on the 4pk you saved me a lot of time, you also influenced me to return a spectrum and buy Futaba. Like many others I am glad I did. Just what the LCC MOA needed.

Mike

Another win for Futaba :mrgreen:

Thank Mike, hope you like the radio.

rednck21 09-16-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1996580)
You will have to go back and read through the setups.

just ordered a 4pk from Ultimate and 4 receivers (damn scalers), so i have A LOT of reading to do:shock:

Harley, I hope you are on RCC or FB a lot to answer all my questions:mrgreen:

Harley 09-16-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rednck21 (Post 1998310)
just ordered a 4pk from Ultimate and 4 receivers (damn scalers), so i have A LOT of reading to do:shock:

Harley, I hope you are on RCC or FB a lot to answer all my questions:mrgreen:

I am FB (Josh Thiede) and have my MSN messenger ID listed on my profile, ask away :mrgreen:

jdawg53 09-17-2009 06:30 AM

Harley the wrap looks sweet.

"I had a nomadio react, after burning through like 10 receivers I got rid of it. The only thing that was worse that the receivers was the customer service."
Jason our receivers don't burn up and we have excellent customer service. Maybe you should ask Badger to get you a 4PK for Christmas. "thumbsup"

"you also influenced me to return a spectrum and buy Futaba" Nice job Harley. You won't regret your decision Mike.

Redneck21
That is awesome. You are going to love the radio. If your running dual esc setup it is great.
I think Harley was a first grade teacher at some point. He has done an amazing job of walking through the setup of just about any configuration imaginable.

J

Spiftacu1ar 09-17-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 1996564)
I had a nomadio react, after burning through like 10 receivers I got rid of it. The only thing that was worse that the receivers was the customer service.

I loved the radio, loved being able to hook it up via usb to program, loved the features, just the rx's were crap.

Well, I have no idea how you brun through the rx's, but I haven't had the problem. I jsut checked their site, I was wong, its max input isn't 12v, its 17v.

Again, What I am actually looking for is the differences in features, programmability and waht not. I don't care if some of you have had a bad experience with noamdio parts dying, becasue I haven't had the problem. I have been running nomadio for 3-4 years.

I would like to know if the 4pk actually does anything the nomadio doesn't, other than carry the badge. I'm not going to blow $500 on something that is no better than what I have already, but with a different badge.

jason 09-17-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg53 (Post 1999371)
Jason our receivers don't burn up and we have excellent customer service. Maybe you should ask Badger to get you a 4PK for Christmas. "thumbsup"

All I ever get for Christmas is coal, I can't figure it out.

Neil76 09-17-2009 03:06 PM

Always on?

Harley I was wondering if you knew or if you could ask your friends at Futaba if there is a way to set the controller up so that the 3 and 4 channel are normally on instead of off. Then you could use the switchs in "nor" as momentary instead of on/off and could switch between digs alot faster.
Thanks for any help:mrgreen:

Harley 09-17-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil76 (Post 2000073)
Harley I was wondering if you knew or if you could ask your friends at Futaba if there is a way to set the controller up so that the 3 and 4 channel are normally on instead of off. Then you could use the switchs in "nor" as momentary instead of on/off and could switch between digs alot faster.
Thanks for any help:mrgreen:

Hmmm, I don't know that I am catching what you mean. The switches aren't "on or off" per say. They just send a differet signal to whatever is plugged into them (pulse width mod).

Give me some exact specs on your setup and I will see if I can suggest something to fit exactly what you want better.

Neil76 09-17-2009 07:39 PM

Ok so when you set it up with 2 esc's you set 1 switch up to turn on and off pre mix 1 in "alt" and 2nd switch to turn on and off pre mix 2 in the "alt" position. So when you push it it turns it on then when you push it again it turns it off as set-up like you use. But if you leave the switchs in the "Nor" position you have to hold them down to activate that channel and when you let off it is deactivaded. And what I would like is that it is in 4wheel drive all the time hence 3 and 4 channel on all the time and then when you hold down the button it would open the signal the that channel instead of closing it. So you could hold the button when you want dig (open) and then let off and it automatically closes the channel again. Does that make sense hopefully?:?
Thanks

rednck21 09-17-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1998342)
I am FB (Josh Thiede) and have my MSN messenger ID listed on my profile, ask away :mrgreen:

I know...I've already been talking to you on FB about it (Blane Allen):flipoff: I also met you at ECC earlier this year....

eric113 09-17-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg53 (Post 1583318)
OK guys bad news. I just verified myself that it does not work with the 4PK. HOWEVER, we are talking to Futaba about getting something similar for ground use that works with the 4PK.
I will keep you posted.
J

Anything ever came of this ?

wrightcs77 09-18-2009 05:43 AM

Would also love to have Futaba make a reasonably small receiver. These receivers are huge compared to any other big brands out there. That is my only real complaint so far.

engineerjoe 09-18-2009 09:00 PM

i am trying to set up my losi crawler.

I have the 3 pos dig set up right now on the DT3 as suggested but is there any way to set up PS2 as front dig button then when the button is released it goes back to 4WD?

I tried but when I release the button it goes back to rear dig automatically.

Thanks

Harley 09-18-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineerjoe (Post 2002282)

I have the 3 pos dig set up right now on the DT3 as suggested but is there any way to set up PS2 as front dig button then when the button is released it goes back to 4WD?

Thanks

Since it is programmed as a 2 position switch it goes back to the other extreme, there is no option to change this. Sorry man.

Neil76 09-19-2009 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineerjoe (Post 2002282)

Thanks

I set up a buddies losi so that ps1 is front dig and ps2 is rear dig or vise versa. But you do have to push it once to turn it on and push it again to turn it off. Is this kinda what you are wanting to do?

engineerjoe 09-21-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil76 (Post 2002753)
I set up a buddies losi so that ps1 is front dig and ps2 is rear dig or vise versa. But you do have to push it once to turn it on and push it again to turn it off. Is this kinda what you are wanting to do?

that's what I want it to do, but I can't get it to go back to 4wd when it is pressed the second time.

Neil76 09-21-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineerjoe (Post 2005493)
that's what I want it to do, but I can't get it to go back to 4wd when it is pressed the second time.

Did you set up the pmix1 as one direction and pmix2 as the other direction and then set your switchs in the "alt" mode and switch one to control pmix1 and the other pmix2? Hopefully that makes sense?

engineerjoe 09-21-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil76 (Post 2005607)
Did you set up the pmix1 as one direction and pmix2 as the other direction and then set your switchs in the "alt" mode and switch one to control pmix1 and the other pmix2? Hopefully that makes sense?

i understand what you're saying but I don't think that is the way it works with the LCC. The way you described works perfect for dual ESC MOA rigs, but the electronics for the LCC are esentially a dig switch.
It seems possible to do it by mixing channels 3 and 4 but I need channel 4 for winch down suspension.

i guess I could see how much I use rear dig and possibly just reduce the endpoints, and use the servo reversal trick.

Neil76 09-21-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineerjoe (Post 2005730)
i understand what you're saying but I don't think that is the way it works with the LCC. The way you described works perfect for dual ESC MOA rigs, but the electronics for the LCC are esentially a dig switch.
It seems possible to do it by mixing channels 3 and 4 but I need channel 4 for winch down suspension.

i guess I could see how much I use rear dig and possibly just reduce the endpoints, and use the servo reversal trick.

No you can set both switchs to control channel 3 but with different output end points. I have also set up another losi like this using the 3pk which would leave the 4th open for winch"thumbsup"

engineerjoe 09-21-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil76 (Post 2005896)
No you can set both switchs to control channel 3 but with different output end points. I have also set up another losi like this using the 3pk which would leave the 4th open for winch"thumbsup"

I'll give it a try, can you give a better explaination of the settings?
(pmix master and slave, etc.)

Thanks

Neil76 09-21-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineerjoe (Post 2005935)
I'll give it a try, can you give a better explaination of the settings?
(pmix master and slave, etc.)

Thanks

You will set pmix1 and pmix2 as channel 3 as master and slave as channel 3 also. Then on one of them will be somewhere around 0 and -39 and the other @ 0 and +39. The only thing you need to be careful of is if you turn both switchs on at the same time it will want to swing the servo to a 78 endpoint position and use your 3 channel subtrim to make sure is centered before setting end points8)

rednck21 09-23-2009 07:44 PM

ok...got everything up and running tonight"thumbsup"my next task is setting up the dig (punk) switch...how? i want to set up front dig on PS2 and rear dig on PS1...

jason 09-23-2009 09:40 PM

My 4pk is on the way, I have read this entire thread forward and backward several times. This is one of the first RC things I have really looked forward to getting in a long time.

Harley I hope your phone is turned on when I get it...

Harley 09-23-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 2010447)
My 4pk is on the way, I have read this entire thread forward and backward several times. This is one of the first RC things I have really looked forward to getting in a long time.

Awesome!

You got my number, feel free to use it. I can walk you through the initial setup if you want. "thumbsup"

joesbruiser 09-23-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 2010447)

I must say Harley knows this radio like the back of his hand.
I was not on the phone with him 10min. and my truck was going.
Thanks Harley"thumbsup"
Jason the hardest part was pushing the select button straight down and those little points that are on it are sharp:lol:

jason 09-23-2009 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 2010462)
I can walk you through the initial setup if you want. "thumbsup"

The initial setup, every time I want to make a change, and hell maybe sometimes during comps when I can't remember what button does what.:flipoff:

Harley 09-23-2009 10:03 PM

Many of you may have seen my newest SCX-10 build but some of you may not have. The build is here: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/197822-harleys-rubberbelly-racing-build.html

Anyway, it is just one more demonstration to the versatility of the 4PK. This is an amazing scale radio too! I am using the radio to control steering, throttle, ON-BOARD CAMERA PAN!, and 3Racing winch.

The camera pan servo is mixed with steering, and I can use the adjustable mixing to adjust how far the servo turns with respect to the wheels. I can shut the mixing on and off with PS1 and I have independent control of the camera pan programed on the DT1 buttons. It is actually incredibly easy to use!

Check out these two videos to see what the footage looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTDDqp67Js

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFssjsUEx-8

And here is a video showing how it was created as well as the test footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XiKyQ33jzg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1u7MO0Btsk

Harley 09-23-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesbruiser (Post 2010466)
Thanks Harley"thumbsup"
Jason the hardest part was pushing the select button straight down and those little points that are on it are sharp:lol:

No problem Joe, anytime. Yeah that little select button is tricky at first, and those little points are GONE on my radio now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 2010468)
The initial setup, every time I want to make a change, and hell maybe sometimes during comps when I can't remember what button does what.:flipoff:

I better get one of those telemarketer headsets then :D

Brandon 09-24-2009 08:49 AM

Thought this was cool. Check out what transmitter he is using to drive a 1:1 truck!

http://www.traxxas.com/email2/090917...ndon-PR-RC.pdf

jdawg53 09-24-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesbruiser (Post 2010466)
Thanks Harley"thumbsup"

Those sharp points are annoying for the first week but after that they wear down enough that you don't even really notice.
Harley wanted us to pay for a new manicure after his first week using the radio.:roll: Diva!
Nice to see you running the radio Joe.
J

CRSMacgyver 09-24-2009 10:56 AM

Should have mine in hand tomorrow. Thanks for the help Harley!

Harley 09-24-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRSMacgyver (Post 2011108)
Should have mine in hand tomorrow. Thanks for the help Harley!

"thumbsup"