Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: CC issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 04:48 AM   #1

Default CC issues

Anyone ever have any issues with Castle creations service team? i send them my ESC a REALLY long time ago (has to be like 3 months), then there was no correspondance to me at all, i emailed them and 5 days after i finally got a response that stated that my 4 month old Mamba max was unwarranteable and they want me to send em $50.... when someone gets a part from a company for $150 and then 4 months later have to ship it back to them ($12) and then they make you miss at least 3 or 4 comps then they refuse to live up to their warranty it kinda makes you mad, then they want you to send em another $50.......

Thats a total of $212.00 for a piece of electronics that broke one me fairly quickly...

I know this post sucks... pardon me for my rant, but has anyone ever had an issue like this???? and if so what was the resolution?

But i can say for the 4 months that the ESC was in good working order it worked well
Jeeperjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

I have always heard good this from their service dept. I don't know why they never got back with you. What was the issue you had with the ESC?
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:30 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

actually ,im in the middle of an issue with them right now with a bec and they are bending over backwards to send me out a brand new one along with xtra merchandise< stickers and such> free of charge and express shipping it to me as well to make a comp date for me

no prblems here with them!
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:16 PM   #4

the issue with it was it just stopped working.... all the connections are good, batts are good, the esc wouldnt power up....
Old 11-06-2008, 05:10 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

best customer service ive dealt with for years. had a sidewinder go south, talked me through it and i could have fixed it, but they said that they would send me a new one no questions asked, w/ return postage for the broken one.

did you call them before you sent the stuff in? some companies need a return auth number to process things.

what went wrong with it?
sbchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have had to send back a 5700KV motor that I burned out and it took them quite a long time to get it back to me. When I called them they told me that it was because the were having to manufaacture/import a new batch. If I were you, I'd give them a call. I found that first thing in the morning (when they open) yields the least amount of wait time.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I'm glad i'm not the only one who has had issues with CC. I bought a sidewinder back in may and started to have serious glitching problems about july. I reprogramed the esc and it would work for the next couple of uses then i would have to reprogam every time i wanted to use it. Then it started not holding a program for more than 10 or 15 minutes after programming. I spent about 3 1/2 weeks e-mailing back and forth for them to tell me there is a problem my computer and not with the esc then the emails stopped i haven't heard from them since. Sounds as thought Castle Creations is in this for the cash flow and to heck with the customer using their product. Thats why i junked their garbage and got a Tekin FXR.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:39 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

my problem was amp draw shutting down the rx,i will say that the first support guy i talked to said that i had either a bad servo or a bad rx, they both worked fine b4 and they still work fine! i just had to wire it a little diffrent.
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:46 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperjoe View Post
the issue with it was it just stopped working.... all the connections are good, batts are good, the esc wouldnt power up....

I have to ask the question: Are you sure you know you had it programed correctly and went thru all the right steps to make it operate correctly? I have seen this before. Just checking.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

You guys that are having troubles contacting them through e-mail really need to call them. Their phone customer service is quite helpful. Here is their info:
(913) 390-6939
Office Hours: Monday - Friday from 9AM to 5PM CST.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #11
RCC Addict

trying to run two fat servos off the esc's bec may have some corellation.

the only cc esc I smoked was a mamba25 pusing a dynamite c4 9200kv on a 3s lipo (52mph baby)
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Joe...shoot me an email with your full name, mailing addy, etc. I'll look into it for you.

PS-I AM the email guy here...if you guys don't get a reply within a day or two from me I didn't get the email. ;)
Joe Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
I have to ask the question: Are you sure you know you had it programed correctly and went thru all the right steps to make it operate correctly? I have seen this before. Just checking.
Yeah they got back to me, seems that it is my fault not theirs and they want another $50...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Ford View Post
Joe...shoot me an email with your full name, mailing addy, etc. I'll look into it for you.

PS-I AM the email guy here...if you guys don't get a reply within a day or two from me I didn't get the email. ;)
Yeah you (or someone else got back to me) but im flat on my @$$ broke so when i come up with the extra money ill get it from ya till then i guess you keep it?

Like i said im not trying to bash, just trying to fig if anyone else has had simmaler issues is all