Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: major electronics issue, help needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 12:09 PM   #1

Default major electronics issue, help needed

I used my crawler last weekend after replacing an output shaft, and it was fine, it sat during the week, everything off and no battery, and went and charged my battery up, and turned it on, and my servo cranks it self all the way to the right and my motor is arcing pretty hard, and doesnt seem to be delivering full power except in spurts.

I am running:
Novak 55 turn
Sidewinder
3 cell Lipo
crappy 2ph futaba tx/rx that glitches even when its all working...

The servo could need adjusting i duppose, but I am 99% that I had it set correctly. What is shotski here? Everything but the motor is less than 2 months old.
mikedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Check your battery voltage, or try another battery. Make sure the sidewinder is programmed right for the voltage you are using. If that does not pan out, try one thing at a time. Unhook the servo and see if the motor still glitches badly. Unhook the motor and try the servo. If they both still glitch it is likely your rx or wiring. Check the wiring and antenna very closely. Look for pins that may have backed out of the connectors or sharp bends in the wiring/antenna that may indicate a broken wire. If you have another receiver, try it. My truck acted that way when the receiver crapped out.
blueridge72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

no futaba reciever glitches on its own there is an underlaying issue there. Seperate all the wires run power down one side servo on other. Also twist the power wires where they go to the motor. Glitching is caused by any # of things but not by the reciever itself. Sometimes am will even glitch when the antenna is not out all the way. Also make shure your rx antenna is not touching metal or close to any other wires.
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote