Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin FXR-Pro Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Tekin FXR-Pro Issues

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

I have a clod crawler running a teking fxr-pro in the rear and a novak super rooster in the front on seperate channels (not to confuse anyone).

I was driving the other day and out of nowhere the truck seemed to glitch and it instantly shot off the obsticle I was crawling on. I thought nothing of it and tried to drive, but to my surprize the magic smoke was coming off the tekin and it no longer sent power to the wheels. I unplugged the battery and checked all connections to find that everything was as it should be, but when I tried driving again it smoked again.

I pulled the ESC out sent it in to Tekin and got a reply saying that it is non-repairable, and I am out of my 6 month warantee period, so they offered to sell me another one at a lower price. I love the ESC and was eventually going to buy another one for the front, but I don't know if I want to buy another one if it is just going to do it again. I have been using super roosters for over 2 years and never has 1 of them given me (or anyone I know) a bit of trouble.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Were both ESCs plugged into the RX, with red wires intact? Using a BEC? Did they tell you what went wrong?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I am using a CC BEC and both red wires from the ESC's were NOT plugged into the reciever, but the other two were. I emailed last night to ask what was wrong but I have recieved no response. I did see that Ty was posting today about another tekin question so he either didn't get my email, is looking into the problem, or want's to avoid me (which I highly doubt).

Last edited by jevyguy; 11-13-2008 at 07:48 PM.
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote