Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: dx3s glitching

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 05:59 PM   #1

Default dx3s glitching

I just installed a DX3S into my ax10. It will glitch every once in a while. When i get the glitch the radio will alarm me telling me the rx voltage is too low. Im running a mamba max with a 55t. A 645mg front steering servo. and an old futaba rear servo for rear steer.(goin to a 645mg). Is this something a bec will cure?
SwanSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

A bec could help if you are actually over amping the internal bec with the 2 servos, might also look into your battery packs, rig weight, if you are using smaller size cells you also might be asking to much of them and triggering the low voltage warning in your tx
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #3

im running 1500mah 11.1 lipo. the weight is pretty light. only have 4.5 oz's in each front. thinkin of tryin a bec for the 2 servos and lettin the esc power the rx. Italso did this with just the front servo and no rear steer.
SwanSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

This seems to be a problem with Spektrum receivers. Battery voltage drops when under load from motor and two servos and the rx will glitch or shut down from too low voltage.

An external bec might not help if just plugged in the bat slot because it will only output max the same voltage as the battery, a glitch buster will help in some cases but only to a point, but what I've found out the best option is to use both: power the servos via CC bec, plug just the signal wire to the RX and plug a capacitor (Spektrum, Novaks, radio shack) onto the bat slot.

Glitch free
trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

You're overloading the internal bec with 2 servos and 3s lipo. You need an ext bec. The internal bec has to convert that extra voltage down to 5v and it does this by generating more heat. An ext switching bec like the CCBEC will take the load off the Mamba and also allow you to raise the voltage to servos to 6v which will give you more power and faster transit speed. And it's only $20.
killjoyken is offline   Reply With Quote