Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Is this a good battery for a Tekin FX-R/55t super-class crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Question Is this a good battery for a Tekin FX-R/55t super-class crawler?

FlightPower 7.4v 1600mAh 20C TrakPower Li-Po 1/18 Car Pack

Click here for more information...

What do you think?

Last edited by Chadworkz; 12-18-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Chadworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

1600mah is way low to be running in a super. I would suggest a battery that is above 3000mah.
I wouldn't even be running an fx-r in a super either, but that is just my oppinion
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Well, I am looking for a small & light pack, and this is both...I am not worried about the low mAh rating at all, because I don't want or need an hour-long run-time. I am not competing, and 1600mAh should give me 25-30 minutes, which is perfect for me. I just want some input on the brand, discharge rate, etc. before I make a purchase...and I would like everyone's input on what pack they would run. I want a 7.4v Li-Po pack, so that should help narrow down my choices a little.

jevyguy, why would you not run the FX-R/55t combo in a super-class crawler? It is going to be a shafty, with a center transmission, and single-motor...if that makes any difference.

The Truck:
E-Maxx based super-class crawler, E-Maxx transmission with 7075 aluminum gears (locked in 1st gear) and custom 1/8" aluminum motor-mount, 89t spur-gear, 6t pinion-gear, Tekin FX-R ESC & Tekin 55T "hand wound" Pro motor, Novak 6v @ 5a external BEC, custom 1/8" aluminum chassis plates, custom 1/4" solid aluminum rod links (suspension, steering, & lock-outs), custom 1/8" aluminum lock-out plates & upper-link mounting plate (axle side), 1/4" aluminum upper-link mount, Integy spooled 4-screw E-Maxx diffs F/R, Revo-Spec drive-shafts, RC Best stainless-steel CVD's, Revo-Spec knuckles, Dace Mfg. 23mm hex adapters, Pro-Line Cheyenne "Narrow" Bead-Lock wheels, Pro-Line Moab-XL tires, 4-wheel steering, Hitec HS-645MG steering servos, 1/4" delrin rod chassis spacers, custom 1/8" & 1/4" delrin skid-plates, 4" aluminum threaded-body shocks, custom link-mounted shock-mounts, heavily modified Traxxas TQ3 Rx & Tx with fully proportional rear-steering and EPA's on all 3 channels...I think that's it, but I may have missed something. I hope to finish the damn thing in the next week or so.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:13 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

there nothing wrong with running an FXR in a super. Especially in a shafty super with only one motor. Heck you know how many people are running the FXR in a 2.2 Berg rig. The only difference between that and a super is the tire size. ( as far as the esc is concerned ) The 1600 will do ok I would personanlly run a 2200 or higher though. and why only 7.4v? You know the FXR can handle an 11.1v battery just fine right?
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yea, and I probably will run an 11.1v 3S pack sometime as well, but right now I just want a 7.4v 2S and/or 7.4v 2S2P pack. Thanks for all the help, guys, I really appreciate it!

Also, can you guys help me figure out how to wire up the balancing plug on a 2S pack and a 2S2P pack? The diagram below shows how I *think* the balance plug wiring goes, but I am not positive...thanks in advance for any help you can provide!