Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: CCBEC,Sidewinder, Steering glitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default CCBEC,Sidewinder, Steering glitch

Ok so I just went ahead and hooked up a new CCBEC, I soldered the BEC power wires to the Sidewinder battery connector (traxxas connector) so when its plugged in the bec will power up. I set the power to 6 volts and used the BEC to directly power the servo. I plugged the signal wire into the reciever (an SR3100 with a DX3R for remote).

what is happening is when throttle up the steering starts to freak out and glitch. I am not sure the reason for this

should I jsut use the BEC to power the reciever instead. I worry about putting 6 volts through the reciever I dont even know if they can take it.

any help would be great
swisherteets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #2

Try plugging the Bec directly into the receiver,if you do this you have to take the red wire out of the plug from the esc.Just gently pull the plastic tab back and take the wire out and tie it back.The only time you should use this again is if you use the castle link program.Did this on my crawler and works great.
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
RCC Addict

My expierince with that stuff; the prob is the Sidewinder. It does not have the power to run much, specially a crawler, I spoke with CC re this same prob.. They might just have a bad batch, cause i pulled mine out of my Scaler, installed in my Slash, and it still had probs with the the str servo, and it's only 125in/lbs of torque. The Mamba handles it all....good luck.
cato is offline   Reply With Quote