Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Frame Rate?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Frame Rate?

I have been having problems with my dig servo on my berg just kind of acting crazy like it is searching for a end point. Well I was told to check the setting on the radio to make sure it was not set for a digital servo. The only thing I see is something called frame rate so I set it to 16.? whatever it is and since then I have had no trouble. That does not specify if it is for the aux or if it is steering. It does say that digital servos have to run 5.5. Well today I ran the crawler for about 20 minutes and I noticed my steering seemed to get weaker and weaker. Finally it quit all together. I let it cool a few minutes and it works ok but still not right. I am running a Castle BEC set at 6.2V. What I need to know is that frame rate for the steering or just the AUX? I have been noticing here lately the steering just hasnt been as strong as it used to be. I am thinking it is just coincidence that the steering servo quit right after I changed that setting.
robert97dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

What steering servo and what dig servo are you running?
RocSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #3
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

When you overheat a servo, it kills the magnets in the motor. This causes a temporary loss of magnetic feild until it cools down, but they do not come back full strength. This is why it is now weaker.

I know nothing about the frame rate. I would think that digi's would use a faster frame rate.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:33 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

the FR for digital is 5.5 and the 16 setting is for analog.
emidyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

just buy a digital micro servo for your dig and be done with it. As much $ as you have been spending lately whats another $60 ? Oh Merry Christmas bud.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocSpyder View Post
What steering servo and what dig servo are you running?
Well I am running the 5955 digital steering servo and a HS81 dig servo. So one is analog and one is digital. What I was looking at on the radio is where I set the frame rate it does not specify if it is for the steering or aux channel. So I guess maybe it is for both. I did know that the digital servos are suppoosed to be set at 5.5 but I didnt run it there because the dig servo. So I set it to 16.5 and the is where the dig servo worked best but i am assuming that is what burned up steering servo. So now I just threw on a 645 servo for steering temporarily and for now it works. I ordered a 7955 servo last night and I guess I need to go ahead and upgrade the dig servo to a digital one too.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

The problem is with one servo being digital and the other not. I ran a digital (JR 8711) with 645mg on the 11ms frame rate setting and it worked fine.
RocSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #8
RCC Addict

What rocspyder said re frame rates for digital & non is correct....Why are you running 6.4 volts for the Steering servo, back it back to at least 6 volts, be safe!!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato View Post
What rocspyder said re frame rates for digital & non is correct....Why are you running 6.4 volts for the Steering servo, back it back to at least 6 volts, be safe!!

I am only at 6.2V on the steering servo. I just ordered a new 7955 for the steering and I new digital micro servo. Cant remember the number but I have it coming.