Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Anybody use a Dynamite Vision Peak 2 charger?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Anybody use a Dynamite Vision Peak 2 charger?

I'm a newbie at this ,I bought a used AX-10 crawler for my son for X-MAS and bought a new Dynamite vision peak 2 charger.I've used it 5 or6 times already ,but now when it charges the last LED light (which is green) flashes and the 4 amp light flashes I guess saying it is fully charged.This took about 30 minutes on a SS1500 Racers Edge battery.Should all of the LED's blink when it's charged?The instructions aren't real clear on this.I thought on the first couple of times I charged the batteries all of them flashed.Alsowhat does Repeaking mean,and should I unplug the battery from the crawler overnight or when not in use?
THANKS JEFF
I have 2 1500 and 1 3600 battery I'm using.

Last edited by jeffc; 12-27-2008 at 09:24 AM.
jeffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
Suck it up!

First, don't charge them at 4 amps. Do 1 or 2. Sometimes mine won't initially do a 1 amp charge, but after the battery takes a little juice it will.

When a pack is charged, the 4 red lights will stay on, but the green will flash, along with the selected charge rate light.

If they all flash, something is wrong, but I no longer have the owners manual, so I don't know what it means exactly. Usually the only time I see it is if I have a poor connection or, like I said above, I can't get a pack to take a 1 amp charge.

Do you have nimh or nicd batteries?

When I charge my packs, I leave them on the charger for a few hours at a time, or if they start acting wonky, overnite. This charger will go to trickle mode after it see's that a pack is fully charged, and this will help to ensure that it is in fact full charged. I get great performance out of mine by doing this every few cycles.

Also make sure you are discharging your packs before you charge them, especially if they are nicd. Be sure to let them sit a bit before charging them.

I believe repeaking is throwing a fully charged battery back on the charger to make sure its as charged as its going to get. Not really a must do for bashing.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

I agree, the instructions stink! When your battery is fully charged you should see all four red and the green light flashing together. Don't recall what the yellow light by the charge rate you've selected does... Sometimes I will only get the green light flashing and the four red lights will be constant. Upon unplugging the charger from the wall one time I noticed that only three of the four red lights stayed lit meaning it's not fully charged. If this happens I just unplug the charger from the power source (12v or 120v), plug it back in, and then push the red button and select the appropriate charge rate and then after a while the four red and single green light will flash together indicating that the battery is fully charged. Don't ever unplug the battery from the charger or it will loose it's "peak" setting and could damage the battery (if done over & over) since it will have to "repeak"... For batteries that are rated at 1500mAH or less only charge at 1amp (push red button 3 times) and for everything else (1501-3600 in my case) is use 2 amps (push red button twice).

Sometimes I'll start charging a battery and it'll quit charging and all three yellow lights will flash...this means that the cells are getting too hot or some other anomaly has happened (loose connection, etc...)...
ClaySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Smile

The 2 1500 's are ni-cd and the 3600 is a WolfPack ni-mh,I noticed this morning on the WolfPack the black wire has pulled out of the pack.Can I just stick it back down in the pack and put some silicone around it or electrical tape to hold it?What's the difference in a Ni-MH and a Ni-CD battery?I've ordered a AX10 RTR for myself.So it's better to charge the batteries on 1 or 2 amps?
THANKS JEFF
Old 12-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #5
Suck it up!

The two nicd's MUST be discharged before recharging, if you don't, their "memory" will keep them from being fully charged, meaning that they will false peak. I use the simple and cheap light bulb discharger.

You can charge the nimh no matter its state of charge. Still, I fully cycle mine once in a while.

That black wire will have to be properly reconnected. Stuffing it back in and taping it down will not fix it. Sure, you might get some juice out of it, but it won't work very well.

Charge them at either 1 or 2 amps max. A nice slow charge always works best. The 3600 could probably stand a 4 amp kick, but still, 1-2 is best.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Can I split the plastic that holds the batteries together and reattach the wire myself?Does it have to be soldered?This is a new battery ,it's been used maybe 3 times.Can you tell me how to discharge with the light bulb?
THANKS JEFF
Old 12-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #7
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
Can I split the plastic that holds the batteries together and reattach the wire myself?Does it have to be soldered?This is a new battery ,it's been used maybe 3 times.Can you tell me how to discharge with the light bulb?
THANKS JEFF
Since its seen so little usage, you may be able to return it and get a new one. Yes, it does have to be soldered.

Here's how to discharge with a light bulb...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make...NiCad-or-NiMH/