Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: HELP!!! CC BEC & NOVAK LiPo Smart Stop Installation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #1

Question HELP!!! CC BEC & NOVAK LiPo Smart Stop Installation

Hi Guys, I'm new to crawling and my friend told me that I should get a BEC for power and a LiPo Smart Stop to protect my batts.

I've seen the other thread regarding the CC BEC installation and I understand how it should be done based on the diagrams.

My question now is:
1. Can I plug the CC BEC on the Batt/DSC (or CH3?) slot on my rx? The servo goes to CH1 and the ESC goes to CH2 right?

2. Since I plan to use the Novak LiPo Smart Stop to protect my batts my ESC is now plugged to the Smart stop and then the Smart stop is plugged to CH2 as per instruction. Is it ok for me to use both devices? Should I still disconnect the red wire from the Smart stop since it takes the place of the ESC wire?

This is how i plan to wire it....please advice if this is correct:
1. Servo plugs to rx CH1.
2. ESC plugs to Novak Smart Stop and the Smart stop is then plugged to CH2. The Smart stop is connected to the Batt input of the ESC too. (per instructions)
3. CC BEC is also connected to the Batt input of the ESC and then plugged to the rx (CH3 or Batt input?)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by J O N; 01-01-2009 at 09:39 AM.
J O N is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Although this is an old post, I just went through the same setup on my rig. This post is merely for reference in case someone else tries the same thing.

I was not able to get the smart stop to program without the red wire. I tried it without the red wire from the esc to the smart stop, and from the smart stop to the rx. Neither way would the smart stop arm. Now this doesnt mean it wont work, but I decided to give up and rob the Mamba Max from my dragster...problem solved!
mtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote