Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 5990 Servo shutting down... can't figure it out.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 5990 Servo shutting down... can't figure it out.

Tried searching for a someone with a similar problem with no luck.

My new Hitec HSR-5990TG servo shuts itself down after just the slightest bit of sustained load. It's running through a CC BEC set to 6 volts. It's doing this randomly but will stay on all day with no load. I just bypassed the CC BEC and hooked the BEC on the ESC back up with the same result although I don't expect much from a Mamba 25. I've never had a digital servo...... is this just what they do when they don't get enough juice? It won't turn back on unless I unhook the battery and plug it back in. Serioulsly frustrating me right now! Oh yeah and my CC BEC will NOT connect to the caslte link......... greaat!
Gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

it happened to me already, try to return it or exchange it, its prolly a bad servo, or the bec is bad, did u try to not se the bec? if not try it, see what it does.
bullet1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Don't mean to hijack my own thread here.......but I may have figured this little issue out on accident. As I was typing out my first post, my transmitter (Futaba 3pm) started beeping "low bat", well I put some fresh batteries in and it seems to have cured my original problem. I guess the servo has a fail-safe? Seems to have sensed the transmitter batteries getting to low before even the transmitter realized it. Weird, but cool..... I was about 5 seconds away from ripping out all the electronics, unlooming all my wires... now I got to figure out why that damn BEC won't connect to the link.
Gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote