Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Searching for a radio plz help !?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #1

Default Searching for a radio plz help !?

i'm searching for a radio for a Tamiya Toyota Tundra what do you guys sugest ?

tOm™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

What do you plan to do with the truck. For instance are you adding lights and want to turn them on and off? Adding a winch? You'll need enough channels for these things probably a 4 or more channel radio. If your just going to drive the truck a 3 channel will do. I do suggest whatever you choose get a Spread spectrum or comparable radio. their pricier but the no hassle operation and not haveing to change crystals is a big plus. I prefer Spectrum Radio's. Do a lil research and make an informed choice.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozer View Post
What do you plan to do with the truck. For instance are you adding lights and want to turn them on and off? Adding a winch? You'll need enough channels for these things probably a 4 or more channel radio. If your just going to drive the truck a 3 channel will do. I do suggest whatever you choose get a Spread spectrum or comparable radio. their pricier but the no hassle operation and not haveing to change crystals is a big plus. I prefer Spectrum Radio's. Do a lil research and make an informed choice.
Yeah, I think they are a little pricie but what do you think of a Dx5e?
Kriistof™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozer View Post
Thnx for your help i just want a normal truck lol i just gonna make the lights with a switch lol =D i thought on buying this one : http://www.shop.rpphobby.com/product...productId=1112

Thnx again for your help
Old 01-11-2009, 04:45 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Hi

I have Futabas and Spektrums. Get a Spektrum DX3 if you only want throttle and steering. Get a Spektrum DX7 if you have future plans with more servo needs. (The DX7 has two sticks, so its not like the traditional surface controller {i.e. like the DX3} ).

In any case, get a Spektrum!

Migs

Last edited by Migs; 01-11-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Migs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #6

oké guys i was not realy specific srry for that :p
i'm searching a radio with minimum 3 channels and servos that works with it . i don't have much money so it may not be too expensive 150$ is max for radio and servos around 30$.

PLZ HELP ME :(