Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Question on sidewinder esc>>

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 AM   #1

Smile Question on sidewinder esc>>

ok guys, before i call Castle creations, i wanted to see if its something im doing wrong.. But this is my scenario.. Im running a 55t crawler motor, Brand new Sidewinder esc, and a Losi 2.4 spektrum rx/tx,, the problem is that every time i turn the esc on it does everything it should ,steering works, but no motor..nothing..when i hit reverse on the remote, the red light turns on in the esc indicating full reverse.. like it should, but no motor, nothing. Weird huh..I called my hobby shop, and they said that i would have to calibrate the esc to the remote. So i did it like the instructions said,, and wala.. it worked great,, everything perfect,, until i turned it off. The next time i turned it on it was back to the way it was.. So my dilemma is that everytime i turn it on i have to calibrate the remote to the esc>>>EVERYTIME,, My hobby shop couldnt figure it out.. so please help>> ?? am i suppost to turn off the esc first then the remote?? ??when turning on should i turn on the remote first or the receiver?? im wondering if it has to be done in a certain way so that it remembers the calibration.????
omarsez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

thats weird omar. you have seen mine and i have the same esc and stuff so something is not right. we will work on it tomorrow and see whats going on. what happened at the 4th course that you ran on the comp today. i heard your truck like freaked out or something.
webster420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #3

Smile

i was belly up and i was trying to flip the truck over and it just kept going.. i couldnt stop it.. the remote simply stopped controlling it,, so i chased it down and shut off the esc... a minute later it did it again.. the only thing that i did different was that i borrowed a 3 cell lipo and ran that. I was running my black and decker batteries which are 7 volts. So when tauna programmed it she programmed it like it was a 2 cell lipo. So i wonder if it had something to do with it>>?? but im puzzled>> I thought that the sidewinder and the max had a built in auto sensor which automatically switched the cutoff based on the voltage it sensed 7.4 or 11.1v . I dont know but well see tomorrow.> what time you going??
Old 01-11-2009, 01:02 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

ya thats crazy. ya mine is on auto lipo so it will beep twice for 2cells and 3 times on my 3cell. that 3cell shouldnt have done anything to it for the 2minutes you ran it. i ran a 3 cell all day. probably around noon by the time i put my wheels back together and the rest of my truck together haha
webster420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #5
Keep it real

Always turn on your transmitter first and turn it off last.

Last edited by Tanis; 01-11-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

which wires are you hooking to the motor? Is it in brushed mode?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I think you have to raise you arming time for the spektrum receiver. use 2 secconds. and when you turn it on wait 5 seconds before you try to move.I had the same problem with my first mamba 25 esc. Now all i use is Mamba
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #8

Yeah, I would try increasing the arming time. Then config the system and rebind once you have it all set up. I have had some similar probs with my spectrum stuff aswell. Also put the lypo cutoff to auto.
Copious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #9

im in brushed mode.. you know red to + black to - on the motor. thanks for the suggestions.. ill try them. I assume that to change the arming time you do it through the castle link..right??
Old 01-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarsez View Post
im in brushed mode.. you know red to + black to - on the motor. thanks for the suggestions.. ill try them. I assume that to change the arming time you do it through the castle link..right??
Yes the arming time is in the basic menu.
Copious is offline   Reply With Quote