Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: What is the BEST micro servo electro dig???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default What is the BEST micro servo electro dig???

I have had it with burning up micro servo's. Yes I know how to set my EPA's. Ive been through 3 Hitec HS-55's and 1 Tower Pro blue case micro servo in 3-4 months. They dont last... Im just about to go 2 FXR's and a twin stick and be done with it... I am runnin my dig servo's off the ESC's internal BEC hoping they would last longer. Any idea what is the best micro? Ill spend the $$

Thanks
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Not the one your running. Pony up the $ and get a $25 dollar servo, OR GO TWINSTICK.
WKKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Let me guess which one you think I should do One more chance with the servo's then ill be two thumbin it....
Old 01-11-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Here is what Kamikaze says on a different tread.

Running 2 esc's is more wiring, more hassle, more to think about when you are running. I run the switches, its faster and easier to control. Honestly when you don't have rear steer the 2 esc's looses alot of its ability.
Pantherteam.com
Mayhem Eng.com
Team Trinity.com
Liposonline.com

I agree, try another micro switch. DO WORK DRIVER
WKKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I've been running the cheapy spectrum servos that come with the dx-6. You shouldn't be burning them up, after all they throw around a 3-d foamy like its nothing.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
You shouldn't be burning them up,
I know.... I have a theory.. Maybe since the dig servo's throw is so short that the motor's comm is getting dead spots at the servo's end points causing it to hesitate. When they start hesitating I trash em.. Damn brand new TP servo costed me a gate and a podium finish Sat..
Old 01-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

question. What radio and steering servo are you running?
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

DX3R, JR DS-8711 for steering.. Steering servo is powered off of the external Castle BEC at 6v and the dig servo off of the FXR's internal BEC
Old 01-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

If your running a DX3R and you have a digital servo for your steering(as I am sure you do) The analog servo's you are running are having premature failure do to the frame rate settings on the radio. I would go with a digital mini servo like a HiTec HS-5245 mighty mini. Its digital, the same size as a 225 and less than $50 with an aluminum horn.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
If your running a DX3R and you have a digital servo for your steering(as I am sure you do) The analog servo's you are running are having premature failure do to the frame rate settings on the radio. I would go with a digital mini servo like a HiTec HS-5245 mighty mini. Its digital, the same size as a 225 and less than $50 with an aluminum horn.
Thank you, sounds like good advice. Is the frame rate adjustable on the DX3R and if so is it independantly adjustable per channel. In other words, could I set my steering and dig servo's at different frame rates?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Thank you, sounds like good advice. Is the frame rate adjustable on the DX3R and if so is it independantly adjustable per channel. In other words, could I set my steering and dig servo's at different frame rates?
Yes the frame rate is adjustable. The only bad thing is it is across the board not independent.:-( So basiclly the best cure for your problem is to get a digital mini servo.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:30 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
Yes the frame rate is adjustable. The only bad thing is it is across the board not independent.:-( So basiclly the best cure for your problem is to get a digital mini servo.
Is there a mico digital servo? The 5245 you mentioned is quite large and weighs 1.12 oz (im anal:-() The other one I was considering isnt digital, the Hitec 65-HB and weighs .38 oz. If I adjusted the frame rate to make life easier on the analog micro servo would my digital DS-8711 suffer?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Is there a mico digital servo? The 5245 you mentioned is quite large and weighs 1.12 oz (im anal:-() The other one I was considering isnt digital, the Hitec 65-HB and weighs .38 oz. If I adjusted the frame rate to make life easier on the analog micro servo would my digital DS-8711 suffer?
Yeah you could go with a FutabaS3156, or a Futaba S3154, or a Hitec HS-5065mg. any of those would be ok for a swtich dig. As for the 8711 yes it would suffer.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I think Ill try the hitec 5065mg. It looks nice and should solve my problems, we shall see

Thanks bigflex
Old 01-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think Ill try the hitec 5065mg. It looks nice and should solve my problems, we shall see

Thanks bigflex
Your very welcome. Let me know how it does for you. It should be the last servo you will need to buy for your swtcih dig.