Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: definitive brushless choice to go with mamba max

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default definitive brushless choice to go with mamba max

ive done research on the other thread but still too many different ideas... i know this is the beauty of having so many options but can someone give me a straigh forward option for a brushless motors that will run great with the mamba max? need torque and wheel speed... the reason i want brushless is to have longer run times! money is not the issue. thanks guys
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I have the MM and 5700kv combo. I can tell you that with 11.1V lipo and a 9T 48P pinion...it is hard to keep level...its way to much motor for crawling...should of went with a lower kv one.....say around 3000kv

Now on the other hand. With the lipo and a 20T 48P on the 4wd onroad....IT IS SICK!!!..this one will be kept for when I have a slash, or will purchase another one, she hauls a$$ and is a very sound motor...

If you want longer run times, go with a higher mAh battery.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

anything over the 890kv motor that people run for brushless is over kill...too much power for the rig, but like squatch said, on road it will be awesome. U can run a novak 21.5? turn brushless or something like that (18turn? possibly to get what you're looking for.) Also longer run times is most dependent on the battery. I crawl with rooster and 55t integy motor with a 5 cell 1500mah elite pack and I get 30-40 min of crawling time. But I dont run it back and forth across the yard.
the3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

The first motor i used for crawling was a small outrunner, 1000kv one. I used it with a sidewinder and loved it. Runtime with 10cell 1400mah 2/3a was over an hour. I had it geared to walking speed, that made low speed control even better and the torque was amazing. I ran a cobalt 6t for a few minutes on a 7-cell sub-c and a mamba max.. too early to tell.
Karadjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The Novak 21.5 may not work as smoothly with a Mamba Max as the motor is sensored.

Maybe checkout Holmes Hobbies http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=19&page=1
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

thanks for the replies guys, after reading and doing a bit more research ive decided to say f the brushless for now... wait till theres something substantially better than what is being offered right now for brushless. ill be picking up an fxr and some brushed motors... thanks
GEARSCIENCE is offline   Reply With Quote