Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Yes, another BEC wiring question - RX related??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 08:33 AM   #1

Default Yes, another BEC wiring question - RX related??

Just finished building the AX10 and now ready for wiring. I will be using the Castle BEC and Sidewinder speed control running off of a 3s 11.1 lipo. I have searched through a lot of threads as well as the "wiring a bec" in the definitive sticky at the top. None of the wiring diagrams show a power supply to the RX. Am I missing something? I plan on using the BEC strictly for servo power and running everything else off of the ESC and RX. Where is the RX power supply wired in from? I don't want a separate receiver battery pack and would like to run everything from the Lipo.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Qfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
RCC Addict

The way you want to wire/use the BEC imo is the way to do it!! Funny part is one of the best wiring pics i've seen forgot to run power to the RX.

Wire everything as you normally would. Solder the BEC (R/b wires) to the battery (ie solder to plug going to battery); get a "Y" harness, plug BEC and steering servo into the female plugs....Male plug,(remove Possitive & negative from the plug) plug "ONLY" the signal wire into RX. You now have basicaly two power sources; one for the servo, one for the RX/esc/dig servo.....You can program the BEC to what ever voltage out put (recomend 6vlt max) you want. This is the only way I've ever run mine and NEVER have I had a problem... Hope this helps
cato is offline   Reply With Quote