Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: problems with waterproof servo need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default packed servo with grease now it's ssslllloooowwww

I was waiting on some parts for my rock crawler and decided to waterproof my old Mlst2. I read the the sticky and serveral posts and decided to use Di-electrical grease method. I tore my jr241 servos down and filled them with the grease as instructed but now they are slow I tried to remove some of the grease and it helped but they are still slow did I just trash my servo's or am I missing something. thanks for your help.

Last edited by Mr. Ed; 02-19-2009 at 06:24 AM.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
I was waiting on some parts for my rock crawler and decided to waterproof my old Mlst2. I read the the sticky and serveral posts and decided to use Di-electrical grease method. I tore my jr241 servos down and filled them with the grease as instructed but now they are slow I tried to remove some of the grease and it helped but they are still slow did I just trash my servo's or am I missing something. thanks for your help.
How much grease did you put in the gear side? You want very little grease on the gear side just make sure there is some around the output for your servo horn and put some around the edges of the gear case to seal it. If its filled with grease the gears bind and won't turn. You want to be able to turn your servo horn manually as easy as before you put the grease in.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote