Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: dx3r question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
TSK
Shelf queen

Default dx3r question

I was curious on the 3 position setting for the 3rd channel. Does it work likethe self centering toggle like I have on my tq3, where I can flip it into the 3 dig positions and it'll stay there on it 's own? Or is it necessary to hold the switch in the position I want with my thumb?
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

The DX3R 3 pos option lets you set your epa's to suit your dig/linkage, 4wd/ Rear locked like normal, but whatever values you end up with for them to operate- the middle (3rd) posistion is smack dab in the Middle of the 2. There's No way to adjust it without changing 1 directions endpoint or subtrim value(which limits Overall servo travel in opp. direction). Kind of a pain @ first, but with good dig lingage length and some luck you won't beat yourself up over it.
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yes its like the 3 position self centering switch. It will hold the position without holding your thumb on it. Also it lets yo set the travel of you servo.
bajajam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by APESHAT View Post
The DX3R 3 pos option lets you set your epa's to suit your dig/linkage, 4wd/ Rear locked like normal, but whatever values you end up with for them to operate- the middle (3rd) posistion is smack dab in the Middle of the 2. There's No way to adjust it without changing 1 directions endpoint or subtrim value(which limits Overall servo travel in opp. direction). Kind of a pain @ first, but with good dig lingage length and some luck you won't beat yourself up over it.
what percentage did you use?

what does your monitor say for aux when you toggle through each endpoint?
5150bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajajam View Post
Yes its like the 3 position self centering switch. It will hold the position without holding your thumb on it. Also it lets yo set the travel of you servo.

Thanks man. I was reading how people mod the original dx3 for a toggle switch so that they don't have to hold the a switch for rear steer or what ever function they use it for. I was interested in getting a dx3, but if it was gonna be a pain to use dig, i.e. sore thumb from having to hold it in 4wd or dig, then I would look for something else.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Thanks man. I was reading how people mod the original dx3 for a toggle switch so that they don't have to hold the a switch for rear steer or what ever function they use it for. I was interested in getting a dx3, but if it was gonna be a pain to use dig, i.e. sore thumb from having to hold it in 4wd or dig, then I would look for something else.
I am just setting my up and figured out how awesome the 3 position is on the dig for the dx3r and how you can choose what switches to use too. Amazing, coming from tq3.
5150bronco is offline   Reply With Quote