Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Losi comp crawler electronics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #1

Post Losi comp crawler electronics.

Hey there.

I'm starting to get into the crawling scene now since my local track has built an indoor and outdoor crawling course. Bought the Summit a few months ago to play with around the house and now going to be buying the Losi comp crawler once it comes out and am now picking out what all electronics I will have to get that I don't already have.

Here is what I have picked out so far. Tell me what you think about them.

-Servo: Hobbico CS-170
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNRN6&P=7

-Battery: 2s 7.4v 1600mah lipo
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVKS8&P=7

-Motor/ESC: Brushless Goat crawler system
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdId=NOV3019

Thanks

`Deluxe
Deluxe312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

That should work fine, i have heard that the goat system is very nice in the losi.
paintballer9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
RCC Addict

the bad thing about the goat is it is only capable of a 2s lipo. somebody i talked to that is running a losi was telling me how nice it was with the losi electronics to be able to use a 3s lipo in the crawler and get that extra power at a comp recently. dont get me wrong i curently own 7 goats and have been really happy but i was advised to wait on the losi electronics once they are available as they will be very nice in the new rig
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjunky3 View Post
the bad thing about the goat is it is only capable of a 2s lipo. somebody i talked to that is running a losi was telling me how nice it was with the losi electronics to be able to use a 3s lipo in the crawler and get that extra power at a comp recently. dont get me wrong i curently own 7 goats and have been really happy but i was advised to wait on the losi electronics once they are available as they will be very nice in the new rig

Hmm. Is Losi's brushless esc going to be a crawler version where it has the drag brake and all the crawling features that the goat has? I liked the features of the goat ESC so that is why I had that one picked out. The Goat comes with an 18.5 so with that and a 2s lipo, I would that that would be enough power. I am still trying to figure out crawling still so don't hate me if I'm wrong.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

First off - an ESC with a drag brake is not required with the Losi because of the worm gear diff's, they work entirerly different than ring & pinion. I am planning on using a handwound 45t, Tekin fxr (with drag brake disabled) & a 3 cell Lipo on mine - lot's of choices - hope that helped.
Yawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawzer View Post
First off - an ESC with a drag brake is not required with the Losi because of the worm gear diff's, they work entirerly different than ring & pinion. I am planning on using a handwound 45t, Tekin fxr (with drag brake disabled) & a 3 cell Lipo on mine - lot's of choices - hope that helped.
Oh okay cool! I didn't really know that the worm gear would be that much different. Well that makes it easier to decide what I want to buy electronics wise for the Losi. Thanks man.