Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Nomadio react shut down?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Nomadio react shut down?

I have a nomadio react with the nomadio receiver. My problem is I only can go about 30ft and the car will glitch, stop and it will not respond untill I get closer and then it glitches a bit. It is only in my comp rig. I have the same rec in my scaler and no problem. Does anyone have an idea what is going on. Again I need HELP!!!!.
65volkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

What do you mean you have the same receiver in your scaler? Do you have 2 receivers, or did you swap the crawler receiver into your scaler?

If you have only one receiver, and it glitches in one car but not the other, then you have some kind of RF interference, and you should try rerouting the wires and antenna.

If you have 2 receivers, you might have a bad receiver, or its antenna is damaged. The last 3/4" of exposed wire at the end of the antenna is the actual antenna. Dust, mud, or water inside the receiver could also affect its range. Take the receiver apart and clean any mud or dirt off the circuit board with a moist Q-tip.

Then, contact Scott at Nomadio support (support@nomadio.net) if that doesn't work. They've got really great service. I have 2 Nomadio receivers (purchased from amainhobbies within the last 60 days), one for my crawler, the other for my Slash, and both of them had a problem where the battery voltage sensor reported the wrong voltage. Nomadio replaced both of the receivers very promptly.
XPLORx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
RCC Addict

It sounds like a bad recivier. I had new one go out bad at Nat's 2 years ago and they replace it.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Sorry two different receivers, one for each rig just the same make.
65volkswagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
R.I.P. Chip

Nomadio trancievers are piles of shit, I blew up like 6 of them for no reason at all.

I had a couple of them act like you say anytime I would get more than 10 feet from the rig they would quit and to restart them I would have to almost touch the radio to the rig then couldn't get more than a foot or 2 away from it. It cost me the win at crawlapalooza in '07.

Sure nomadio replaces them for you, but what good are they if they quit everytime you want to drive the damn thing.

Selling all the Nomadio crap I had for pennies on the dollar was the best thing I ever did.

It sucks too because I loved the functionality of the radio and was able to do some really cool things with it.

p.s. hate to tell you but, the only thing worse than Nomadios trancievers is their customer service.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Default Nomadio

If you hate the RXs but like the TX why don`t you bind the TX up to a spektrum Rx you can go into radio and slow down the signal to short bus mod and the Rx can keep up with the TX
Timothy Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:23 AM   #7
Uli
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post

It sucks too because I loved the functionality of the radio and was able to do some really cool things with it.
I´ve heard several people bi***ing about the quality of their receivers. Luckily I never hat trouble so far. Is there a 4channel Spektrum receiver they work with, like the air-receivers, or do they just work with the surface-receivers?
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default nomadio

they both use DMS tecnolagy the nomadio interchanges info twice as fast as spectrum so you have to go into radio and slow it down ,it has that function and then you can bind to any DMS rx cannot remimber the exact nnumbers the nomadio has an exyensive amount of info on itself that is downloadable, I have a new nomadio special edithion senser Iwould part with I think they are a lot better than the react
Timothy Hill is offline   Reply With Quote