Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Water Proofing!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 03:48 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Water Proofing!!!!

Hi guys, i want to run my tlt though some water where i live. and want to water proof my electronics servo's and reciever etc i all ready have water proof esc..
What could i use??? any suggestions would be great...
TeeLTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2005, 07:02 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

do a search for waterproofing, lots should come up.
cvecmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist

You don't need to stick everything in the air to keep it safe from water. There are many good ways to water proof your electronics. Many people, especially the ORCRC crew fully submerge thier rigs on a regular basis. You can seal your electronics with silicone, seal them up in ballons, use Plasti-Dip on your servos, make a water tight receiver box, etc. Do a search and you will find a bunch of tips and tricks.

If you want a little more clearance without doing some major mods, pre-load your shocks to get full extension, and toss on some larger tires.

Your E-Maxx should do fine if you are just looking for a mud-bogger. Get some 55t Lathe motors, lock your diffs, and toss on some Swamp Dawgs or maybe some paddles if you wanna sling some mud.

Should you ever decide you want to get into more crawling, you can also lock out your Maxx's suspension and 4-link it - check out the Maxx forum for how to do this.
That was from a post i made on a similar subject...hope that helps..it helped me
Bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:49 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the info on doing a search, looks like the balloon is the best way for the receiver...What about the servo's poeple seem to use that plasti-dip and balloons,has any one got any pics of the balloon method???? and sould i use a small o-ring under the servo horn?? and will the battery short out if not sealed such as side by side pack????

Thanks...
TeeLTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:00 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

TeeLTee, I have had water get into one of my electric boats before and nothing happened to my batteries. I was running 12 cells and was jumping some waves, water seeped in where I didn't put enough hatch tape and got my batts wet. I had about a quarter inch of water at the bottom of the hull, and my batts were in it! I didn't find the water until after my run. They have had no problems at all. Hope that helps a little.
DLE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:36 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

you could just toss the bat in a ziplock snack bag, look for THAT bag, it is almost the perfect size for a 6 cell bat
cvecmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote