Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: help! HH crawl master motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default help! HH crawl master motor

ok here's what im running: sidewinder with a crawl master motor 1000kv and 2c 4000hv pack from max amps.
heres the problem,motor works but when im trying to crawl my rig the motor hesitates to turn but when i give it more throttle thats when it will spin but the amount of throttle i give it to spin is more than what i need. any help
infamouse_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2009, 06:13 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

thats one of the draw backs to outrunners. They cog more and need more current to get them moving initially.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default motor

could it be my plugs? cause i got the esc second hand and the motor and the esc had a diff. bullet plugs on them so i switched out the motors o.g. plugs to match the esc and there are a little smaller than the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflex View Post
thats one of the draw backs to outrunners. They cog more and need more current to get them moving initially.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Shouldn't be the plugs. As mentioned, outrunner motors need a bit of extra juice to get them to start up from stopped. Once they are spinning they're fine.

Not much can be done other than reducing the gearing.

EDIT- you could try checking the timing on the Sidewinder programming, but chances are its probably not the cause.

Last edited by LincolnBlack; 06-12-2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: thought of more to add
LincolnBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default gearing

ive never had this problem befor im running all crawl master motors on all my rigs but ill give it a shot and gear down,im using a 16t pinion on a r2 trans. guess ill start from a 9t pinion and work my way up. thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnBlack View Post
Shouldn't be the plugs. As mentioned, outrunner motors need a bit of extra juice to get them to start up from stopped. Once they are spinning they're fine.

Not much can be done other than reducing the gearing.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #6
TEAM MODERATOR

Go into the Castle Link. Put your start up power on high,if it's not there now,that should help some. Play with your throttle curves a little. Put them on the "curve" setting and adjust them. That can make a big difference....allot of trial and error,but it can help allot.

Gear down,volt up. That'll make a big difference. I ran a 850kv Crawlmaster on a R2 back in the day....on an 8 cell pack with an 18t pinion. Pretty good performance. I would imagine a 12-14t pinion would be pretty good if you ran a 3 cell lipo. Not a ton of wheelspeed,but it'd probably do pretty good. The R2's are geared REALLY low anyway,so that is helping you.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote