Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: V11 35T worth the extra money?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default V11 35T worth the extra money?

Are the V11 35 turn motors worth the extra money over a "normal" 35 turn? It would be going in a Losi Comp Crawler, running on 3 cells from a Tekin FX-R.
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I am not sure a 35t motor would be the best bet in that application. I would look at a handwound motor, and if thats to expensive, go with the cheaper one with the intention to upgrade later.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoyguy View Post
Are the V11 35 turn motors worth the extra money over a "normal" 35 turn? It would be going in a Losi Comp Crawler, running on 3 cells from a Tekin FX-R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknuts View Post
I am not sure a 35t motor would be the best bet in that application. I would look at a handwound motor, and if thats to expensive, go with the cheaper one with the intention to upgrade later.
on the wish list is any motor that holmes hobbies makes!! he makes custom hand wounds in any number of turns that you like. i believe he has a 35T for around $55. plus you get the benefit of being able to talk to him here on RCC well worth the $$$
redking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

From what I've been reading it sounds like a brushed motors of any wind aren't really hitting the mark with the Losi Crawler. I personally would go with the Losi 21.5 brushless when available.

If you have a lathe and dyno you can usually make a cheaper motor run pretty well if you don't your better off with the higher priced hand wound motor the less expensive motors usually need some work.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I hear the brushed motors run really hot as well. A traxxas titan 550 may be the best bet to get you going with a brushed motor. Anything that is larger than a normal 540 so it has more can to dissipate heat.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

This is probably going to be a stepping stone while I wait on $$$ to go brushless (unless I find a brushed motor that makes me happy). I currently have a Johnson silver can motor from a Tamiya kit in it, and I'm actually very happy with the way it performs - until I realized the FXR on 3 cells doesn't like lower turns than 35. Now I'm looking for something that fits the spec of the ESC. I figure I'll need to put a heat sink/fan on it, and that would be OK.
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote