Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Nomadio React Setup. Veterans please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
WOOPOOW!!

Default Nomadio React Setup. Veterans please help

Just got this off of SVEN today, and after plugging it into the computer, i have no idea what Im doing. Could you guys help me set it up? I just got rid of my DX3, and this is a heck of a sight different than that freaking thing. Any help, tips, or tricks are greatly appreatiated
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Just mess around with the different settings for different buttons. Here is a setup for one esc and elec dig.

I run those settings on my super and berg. Down the page a bit.

React button programing question...
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

You'll need to download the React desktop software from Nomadio.net

The radio is almost limitless on the set-up, mixing, and switch selection. I prefer the Sensor for the larger screen and different feel, but I also have the React I use for carpet racing and backup crawler.

Post what it is your trying to set-up and I'll try to help.
Miller Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
WOOPOOW!!

Im trying to set it up for 3pos. 3rd channel switch for my Berg. It will be bound to a sr3000 receiver.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

See above link i posted above ^^^^. All the settings are listed in that thread.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #6
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_744 View Post
See above link i posted above ^^^^. All the settings are listed in that thread.
oop, thanks. I didnt even see your post
Old 07-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
WOOPOOW!!

So, shane, in that thread you say you are running dig switches and all. I do not have dig switches. I am running the PunkRC dig
Old 07-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
WOOPOOW!!

So I just found out i have to change it to DSSS Beta to run my speky receiver. Everytime i try to send the update to my tx i have to upload stupid arse firmwire and it WILL NOT download... what am I doing wrong.. I know my radio isnt messed up..
Old 07-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
WOOPOOW!!

Is this thing on? Anyone? anyone at all know whats going on? It wont connect to the transeiver or anything...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Think I had that problem to, not sure what I did. might have just updated the the firmware first then started messing with settings later or rebooted it?

Did you register it also?
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 AM   #11
WOOPOOW!!

Yep, its registered and ive updated the software to 3.2 beta. Still wont send the firmware to my transeiver.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:01 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Not that it gets much attention anymore but nomadio has a forum where most of this stuff im sure has been run through if you cant get the answer you need. Im happy to help you with all your setting questions but i run a Sensor so i only run the Nomadio transievers.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:52 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Firmware to the RX....are you trying to send firmware to a Spectrum Rx? If so give up it ain't happening nor needed. If you sending it to a Nomadio Rx but runing a Spectrum then again give up it don't matter and really isn't necessary.

That said I've had occasional Radio/Rx update problems, make sure your plugged in to the Rx port marked digital and the arrow on the plug goes toward the inside of the slot.

You can as posted above pose the question on the Nomadio forum www.support.nomadio.net (I think?) or call direct for faster response 215-854-8432 ext. 202 or 0 and ask the operator to page Scott
Miller Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #14
WOOPOOW!!

Im trying to bind the Nomadio to my spektrum sr3000. So I have to set it to digital? I cant plug the rx into anything? the plug in the controler is too big!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I dont have any experience binding spektrums to reacts. Look in the "React Only" section and search around.

try this link.

http://support.nomadio.net/
Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #16
WOOPOOW!!

I searched around and found someone says this:
Select -- Menu -- Advance -- Tranceiver -- DSSS Beta (this will allow you to use the spektrum receivers)

I did that, but it wont send the settings to my transeiver/transmitter! It keeps telling me I have to upgrade firmware before I can send new settings, but it wont update!!! It just restarts the update question...
Old 07-06-2009, 09:22 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Looky here. I found this on like page 5 of searching "nomadio react". And i actually helped fix the problem (maybe). I knew I had heard of your issue before. And it was SVEN that had the issue!

Hope it can help you out.

React is 'searching'

http://support.nomadio.net/viewtopic...ight=searching
Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #18
WOOPOOW!!

I'm not that far yet. I cannot even download settings onto my nomadio anymore. It says: You must update firmware on your react before you send anymore settings. Would you like to update now? So I say yes.
Then it says: Installing firmware (the little bar loads up) Then it says: Rebooting react (the bar loads up) Then it says installing again (Little bar loads up) Then it says: You must update firmware on your react before you can send anymore settings. Would you like to update now? thats ALL I get.. and NO settings are sent...
Old 07-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyTheKid View Post
I'm not that far yet. I cannot even download settings onto my nomadio anymore. It says: You must update firmware on your react before you send anymore settings. Would you like to update now? So I say yes.
Then it says: Installing firmware (the little bar loads up) Then it says: Rebooting react (the bar loads up) Then it says installing again (Little bar loads up) Then it says: You must update firmware on your react before you can send anymore settings. Would you like to update now? thats ALL I get.. and NO settings are sent...
Opps, sorry. I didn't read it good enough.

Keep searching on the Nomadio forums. Saw some things about a Vista plugin you need (if you are running vista). Saw some things about low batteries. Searching firmware. It's probably something super simple. I would send Nomadio an email stating what you said above. I had one or two day response time with them.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_744 View Post
Opps, sorry. I didn't read it good enough.

Keep searching on the Nomadio forums. Saw some things about a Vista plugin you need (if you are running vista). Saw some things about low batteries. Searching firmware. It's probably something super simple. I would send Nomadio an email stating what you said above. I had one or two day response time with them.
Well, Fishmaxx runs the nomadio react and he has bound his to a spektrum receiver, actually the same exact receiver im trying to bind to. So he is comming over today to give me a hand with mine on his laptop. We will see if we cant get it to work. If not I will get in contact with nomadio and ask them whats going on. Thanks for the quick responses bud